View topic - Telescoping Wings vs. 5-Segment Bar

bigjon901

Forum Posts: 1
I purchased the ergotech triple monitor stand a few days ago on Amazon. The model i purchased http://www.wsgf.org/products/freedom-triple-desk-stand does not come with extension wings. After reading the specs on the stand it seemed to be alright with 3 24" monitors. After installing my monitors the fit is VERY tight for the angle that's most comfortable for me. Is there a way to purchase the extension wings separately? I looked everywhere and cannot seem to find where they are sold.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 7451
Articles: 504
Blogs: 21
Game Reports: 166
Media Galleries: 7
News Reports: 281
They are generally not sold alone. I can get a price from Ergotech and get back with you. It will end up being more expensive than the price difference between the two stands. Such is the nature of buying "spare parts". If the price works, I I can send you a custom invoice through PayPal.

Another option would be to return the original stand you bought, and then you can purchase and stand with the telescoping wings from us. This would be cheaper for you.

Edit:

Here's a comparison pic of the standard triple bar, the triple w/ wings, and the 5-segment.

Deathgazer

Forum Posts: 3
skipclarke wrote:They are generally not sold alone. I can get a price from Ergotech and get back with you. It will end up being more expensive than the price difference between the two stands. Such is the nature of buying "spare parts". If the price works, I I can send you a custom invoice through PayPal.

Another option would be to return the original stand you bought, and then you can purchase and stand with the telescoping wings from us. This would be cheaper for you.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I have that same stand (100-D16-B03) I bought from Amazon from back in Feb 2012 , which works great with my triple 24" ASUS monitors. Back then I thought I recalled seeing the extension wings for sale separately in the store. Anyway, I've heard from people using the 100-D16-B03-TW stand with 27" monitors without a hitch, and I was planning on upgrade to some 27" myself, so I was looking to buy the extension wings instead of buying a whole new stand altogether.

Any idea on the price? If the price isn't too crazy I might be up for ordering some from you guys. Let me know, thanks!
Deathgazer

Forum Posts: 3
Any word on this yet?
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Deathgazer wrote:Any word on this yet?

I'm sorry, this escaped my mind. Let me inquire.
axium
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users
Oculus Rift

Forum Posts: 9
I'd be curious about this too.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

I looked into this. The pair of wings will run you $150 + shipping. It's quite expensive, as piece parts are much more expensive. You can see this one reseller on Amazon has them for $85 each, plus $11 shipping on each.

Right - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all
Left - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all

By way of comparison, the raw bar will list at $125 (I need to get it loaded in the store. The five segment bar will offer a more stable experience.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

For reference, the 5-Segment bar is now loaded in the store.
Funkdancer

Forum Posts: 17
So I came from the Ergotech stand, with the telescopic wings, for my 3x U2412Ms. I then added the U3415W, the phenomenal new 21:9 monitor from Dell. Knowing that the existing arm would not be enough, I ordered the 5 segment arm from WSGF - and I got it delivered in time for the Dell to arrive. Many thanks. WSGF!

Trying the 34" before the 5 segment:

Ok, so we're a little bit out of space there. We have to use significant overlap to even use all of the monitors on the same bar. It's time to introduce the five segment Ergotech bar, as delivered by WSGF (thanks!!!).

Telescopic vs 5 segment:

It's time to set up all the monitors - Dell U3415W and 2x U2412M.

Side views; please excuse the amount of cabling resulting from running the Lightpack:

I'm incredibly pleased by the result. The 5 segment bar feels a lot more solid than the telescopic one - as good as that was. Thanks Skip @ WSGF for making my new monitor setup possible.

As you can see, I'm not running the arms flush with the monitors. If I was to do this, I'd get even more room; I reckon 34 by 27 by 27 would be perfectly doable, as by angling the bars closer to the monitors more room could be established.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Thanks for the feedback, and showing the difference between the Telescoping Bar and the 5-Segment Bar.
Next

Return to Monitor Stand Store