Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Oculus Rift Game problem
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 19:03 

Hey , Have a question about Oculus Rift...

Anyone know how i can play other games on Oculus Rift, like i can play games from the Oculus App and some steam games like Subnautica.
But i try to play Outlast a game i have seen others play on Oculus so it should work too , but when i start the game i get it to theater mode not the VR mode i
want it to be in.

And i lookt up and read on internet trying to find out how i can play like that game on my Oculus Rift in VR mode and not Theater mode.
All i find out was i need some sort of a program for VR to play some games that are not compatible with it. Program like VorpX....

Now, do i need a program to run like Outlast in VR mode with Oculu Rift like VorpX or is it just bullshit ?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2016, 12:43 
Editors
Editors

Hi :)

Outlast is not a VR game, so you need to use a third party utility like VorpX, Vireio Perception or Tridef to get it working in VR. If you are going to try a lot of games that are not made for VR in VR, its worth getting one of those utilities. Edgepeek from Vorpx as example, is very useful in VR, since game menus, HUD and other items that otherwise would not be visible in VR, will be visible with a push of a button.