Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 07:37 

Found some Oculus rift videos on YouTube, pretty cool stuff, doing the cross-eyed thing works to see these as well which gave me a very good sense of the 3D depth you get when using them. Totally awesome, want some now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fePj2XG0IW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brZKaZfPRQ0
(For some odd reason they do not seem to be loading for me... Halp?)

Start a collection on this thread?

Mod Edit: Fixed them, forum needs the url as .../v/video_id

PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 09:25 

Yesterday I uploaded my latest YouTube video showcasing the virtual cockpit feeling in a helicopter demo, with and without positional tracking. I added English captions (video is in Spanish), so you might be interested in checking it. If there is enough interest I may add English captions to all my future videos. I've used a different way to show the Rift. Instead of showing left and right viewports, like everybody does with their Oculus Rift videos, I've removed one viewport and widened the other. This way, people without the Rift can get a better idea of what I'm seeing.

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Oculus Rift

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 13:34 
Editors
Editors

LordJuanlo wrote:
Comments and suggestions are welcome!

I like your approach to this. Having a single image instead of the dual is much better, since I find it fatiguing when showing both eyes. When I look at Rift videos, I wish to see the users movements and the effect on the screen. I think you videos nailed this much better then most rift videos out there.

You also explain well in your video what you are doing and seeing, which is very informative. Keep them coming! :rockout: