Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013, 20:54 

jemkewl wrote:
Thanks Marius!

I am going for the high resolution to avoid seeing pixels on a 180" diagnal from 4-6 feet back. If you think I can get away with one projector for that (without spending 25k for the projector), my wallet will thank you!

I am designing the room and rest o the basement now with Sketch Up.

I saw the Polar Simulation site. I did not see any 16:9 products. Perhaps I missed them.

All very nice stuff!

No problem mate :)
It may be hard to get in focus, so 4 projectors ain't a bad idea. :) In this topic 1 projectors and 180 degrees screen is discussed:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=25954

On my screen setup it's hard to see the pixels when sitting in the "sweet spot" when watching movies and playing games, even tho I'm not running high resolution (3840x800).

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 16:44 

Hi Marius,

I'm from Portugal and if possible I would like your help on this:
I have a curved screen build in MDF with 2.5m diameter (my storage room is small :( )
I'm upgrading my old 3 4:3 projectors to new LED ones, for my budget I plan to buy 3 ASUS P2E, but my problem is:
1 - which kind of support you use to suspend it on ceiling (should be those for cctv cameras?)
2 - are you able to "flip" the image upside down? how you do it? the shop where I intend to buy mine say that we can't do it because they are portable projectors (I doubt about it) so I dig on this.
3 - since this projectors are 16:9 native display how many have you use to build your system (in your picture it looks like you use 3)?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Pedro