Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 20:56 

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good ultra wide 29" monitor that would work in a 3x1 setup on the WSGF Mini Mega Desk Stand v2???? so far the best solution with bang for the buck i found is the LG 29UC88-B UltraWide IPS. the price is a great bang for the buck but id much prefer a g-sync monitor. i been looking around online months now and ally the Nvidia g-sync monitors tend to be 34" and very pricy. if i go with 3 LG 29UC88-B UltraWide IPS monitors what single AMD GPU solution would u recommend to drive that many pixels? also if i go AMD GPU im going to build a Ryzen 7 1800x set up on it.

Thanks in Advance:

Alice P. Arthington
:triplewide:

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 21:10 
Founder
Founder

The triple ultrawide setup you're looking at has the exact same number of pixels as a 4k UHD panel. I'd look at GPU performance for the games you like at 4k UHD. Your best bet will probably be Vega once it comes out. Until then you're looking at the RX580 or finding a Fury or Fury X. If you're going to go with this setup and an AMD card, I'd get a monitor with FreeSync. I tried Google and found a couple of LG models.

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 23:44 

the LG 29UC88-B UltraWide IPS is a freesync monitor actually. supposed to be decent for gaming for a 300-400 dollar monitor. but since i waiting on a settlement i can easily wait for vega. ironically im on a early 2011 macbook pro till then. i can play wow on it in 1080p on my tv. its on level 4 grapics and getting me about 15-25 FPS depending on my location. not to shabby for a 6 year old sandy bridge 2.0 Ghz laptop. but im designing a mid tower atx content creation and gaming pc and really helpful knowing that the triple wide is same as a 4k display. that will help with picking a gpu.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 06:07 

looks like the Gigabyte AORUS Radeon™ RX580 XTR 8G seams to average 27- 35 FPS in most modern games played in top the line settings. i wonder if crossfire 2 of them would work better

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 13:17 
Founder
Founder

The RX580 was a minor bump over the RX480. People may not have reviewed it in CFX. Look for a review of the 480 in CFX @ 4k, and then add a few FPS.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 17:57 

was averaging 25-35 fps at 4k better then my MacBook Pro i want to replace 7-20 FPS on minum settings in few year old tittles like wow and tomb raider. tomb raider benchmark at minum settinds gac=ve a avrege of 9 fps. not playble at all.