Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 11:39 

No I just have 3 displays. If you can play the Witcher 3 on surround then it should not be the drivers, because I get flickering and artifacts from that game too...
I honestly don't know what is happening here :-/ Maybe a conflict with something, but how to find out what?
Oddly some games like Wolfenstein: the new order or The Evil Within work fine on surround!

2x Gtx 970 MSI Gaming OC (I tried with and without OC)
I7 4790k
16gb RAM

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 16:37 

It could be many things!

Try reinstall NV353.62 driver
update direct x,install vcredist 2012,13,14

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 17:20 

Yeah thanks I'll give a shot to your suggestions. Maybe I'll use DDU this time for uninstalling the drivers.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 17:49 

I wish to help but i dont know how maybe you find some answers here!

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... d-hunt/89/

Good luck!

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2015, 00:31 

I don't know if it is the exact same thing but I'm getting terrible ghosting/flickering with Vsync enabled in about half of the games I've tried with Win10 and NVSurround since the release version of Win10. Doesn't matter if it I use in game vsync or NVCP vsync. If I turn off vsync it is fine other than the tearing. It seems to be a multi gpu thing since if I run any of the affected games in a 5760x1080 borderless/windowed performance obviously blows but the ghosting/flickering is gone.

Games that are broken with vsync for me: Hitman Absolution, Middle Earth:SOM and Victor Vran.

Games that are fine with vsync for me: Batman: AK (it's still a horrid POS, but at least Vsync doesn't break it), Kerbal Space Program (DX9 & doesn't use exclusive fullscreen @ 5760x1080), Dishonored (DX9) and The Witcher 3. Oddly enough you said Witcher 3 was broken for you.

What is odd is that all of those games ran just fine on Win10 prior to the release build(10240). I've tried going back to older drivers that I KNOW worked and they have the same issues.. I even ended up doing a completely clean Win10 install (formatted drive and installed from USB) and still the same thing. honestly I think MS changed something at the last minute before the actual release. Those running single monitor and SLI are also reporting all kinds of issues on the Geforce forums.. Nvidia has yet to make any statements that I'm aware of. I've tried to make a couple of posts about my issues but their spam filter keeps hiding them.. I guess because the posts were long since I was trying to include as much info as possible.. some have been unhidden at this point but still no response to them.

EDIT* Should probably post the relevant specs for comparison.

Motherboard - MSI X99S MPower
CPU - Intel i7 5930k
RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
GPUs - 3x Nvidia "reference" GTX 970
Monitors - 3x 27" 1080p AOC i2757

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 19:57 

superzazad wrote:
Have you guys any problem playing in Surround on Windows 10 ? I have uninstalled and installed the new drivers, but I can't play because I get a LOT of flickering and artifacts from the central monitor. The two others are fine. This only happens in Fullscreen, not Borderless. I do not have any problem in Windows itself...

I encounter this problems in games such as GTA V , Dying light, Farcry 3 ...

I went back to windows 7 for now and everything is in order again...

[EDIT]

Ok I solved part of the problem : it seems that under Windows 10, pluging a monitor into my upper graphic card was causing these flickering (but everything is fine under Win 7 so this is still a mystery).
I had to plug all my 3 monitors to my second - lower- graphic card with :

1xHDMI
1xDVI-D
1xDVI-D into a DVI-I port

Bam, flickering problem gone.

But now there is another problem ONLY in games, when playing surround and fullscreen : very often I get a kind of screen tearing / kinda vertical sync problem.
It appears sometimes in the middle of the screen, and most of the time in the bottom of it. I tried turning on and off the Vsync in game or in the nvidia control panel, nothing changes.

Help anyone? Thanks.