Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2014, 23:04 

I went from a typical 1080p monitor to an amazing 21:9 monitor last year, I absolutely loved it however when games didn't support the resolution I was limited to a very small screen considering the entire screen size was only 29 inches. With my new rig I switches to your typical 1440p monitor, 2560 by 1440 at 27 inches.

Now I noticed LG has released a new screen with a whopping resolution of 3440 by 1440, and its 34 inches meaning I wont be limited to such a small screen space when I am playing on a 16:9 ratio (I know you can stretch but I don't like doing that).

Now here is the question I am hoping some of you guys with experience regarding this resolution can answer. Should I pull the trigger? I have a rig with a 4930k overclocked to 4.5ghz and 3 780ti's in Tri Sli. I have never games at such a high res before and just recently did I make the jump to 2560 by 1440. I am worried this resolution might be to demanding to keep the latest games running at max settings (excluding AA of course) at a steady 60fps. With games like Assassins Creed Unity, FarCry 4, Dragon Age, The Crew, etc coming out would it be wise for me to spend my money on this monitor?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 02:20 

Lol by the time this got approved I already came to a decision. I went with buying the monitor.

One major downside of the old 29 inch 21:9 monitor was when running at 1920 by 1080 the screen real estate was tiny as I mentioned above. Well after some digging around it turns out running at normal 1440p (16:9) the screen outputs to a size of 27 inches which is exactly what I am using right now so there is no downside to running at that res if my rig can't handle it.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 03:52 
Founder
Founder

Sorry for the delay. I would have told you to pull the trigger. Glad you did. I'm hoping to get one soon myself.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 02:58 

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully if all goes well I should have mine before the end of this month. Really excited!