Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 17:30 

Hi there,

I'm new registered on this forum but I used it a lot because I always had Widescreen. I used to have a 3*27" (1920*1080*3) configurations but I stopped because of deformation of objects on the side which was really unconfortable on planes sims and Battlefield. I have now a LG34UM95 which is really awesome.

I essentially play to Battlefield and DCS World and I started to think about this project seeing this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWm9PtzWvko, it's really awesome.

I have the luck to have a room for playing (and a nice wife for let me play :) ), but I would like to know where to start the project ? Budget is not the first point.

I can do the screen myself with wood or metal and isorel, I have a 3.6m (12feets) side room.

Do I have to make a circular or parabolic screen ? which radius ? 2 or 3 projectors ? I don't know the beginning because possibilities are limitless.

Thanks for your help !

I would make a tutorial with this project for other people. I would probably post this on sims forum.

Dureiken

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 01:34 

The "deformation of objects on the side" isn't going to go away just because you're using projectors and a curved screen. Games like Battlefield are rendered for display on a flat panel, that's why the edges of the screen (or screens in triple configs) have the distortion you're talking about.