Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 00:53 

So I used to have three RT270 (1080p 60hz) and play about half my games across the three and the rest of them on just the one screen, so I decided to get a better middle screen for those games I play on just the one screen.

I picked up an Acer XB271HUA, and the idea was that I could play games on the one screen at 1440p 165hz and when I wanted to game across the three of them I could lower it's resolution and hz to 1080p@60 and then configure surround to work at 5760x1080 for those games that work well in 3 screen mode.

My problem is that when I select the new screen to be included in the surround configuration, the only resolution I can use is 3072x768 even though all 3 screens are set to 1920x1080 @60hz

When surround is set at 3072x768 then the middle screen goes 4:3 with big black bars at the side and the side screens are 16:9

Apart from buying another pair of 1440p 165hz screens, which I can't afford right now, I have no idea what to do.

Any ideas how to force this to work at 5760x1080?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 13:34 

So after some research, it would appear the issue is something called sync polarity, and it can vary from monitor to monitor, and it has something to do with how the monitor vertically and horizontally syncs the picture, and if your sync polarity is different between the screens then surround won't work right.

I solved the problem by going into nvidia control panel, and under 'change resolution' I was able to make a custom resolution for each of the screens, and in the options I was able to select what polarity I wanted to use. I set each custom resolution to 61hz and made sure every number matched up with each one I set for each screen. Applied them and went back into Nvidia control panel and enabled surround and it worked at 5760x1080 @61hz

If anyone else has this issue I'll be happy to walk them through how to get it set up.

Here's a picture of the settings I used for each screen
https://imgur.com/a/2eYBS

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 14:07 
Editors
Editors

Well done, thanks for sharing !

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2018, 07:22 

So a recent driver update has stopped the custom resolution fix from working. When I set the custom resolutions on each screen and then go into the surround config menu, it defaults all screens to their normal refresh rates and won't let me enable 5760x1080.