Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Linux user! Please help!
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2018, 00:48 

I am on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 currently. I have an Nvidia GTX1070 and 3 ASUS VE248Q displays. How in the bojeebus am I supposed to get games to expand across all three monitors? I have been searching for a week online for some help to no avail. This is highly frustrating! I want to play some games! I see folks talking about it. I see screen shots of people doing this. I see youtube videos of people doing this. How are there not any tutorials or walk throughs explaining how this is done? Surely they are out there and I have just somehow overlooked them?

Any Linux gamer out there please help!

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 15:52 
Editors
Editors

Speaking as a gamer I have no idea what Linux even is, but I suppose Nvidia Surround requires a Windows driver to begin with. Have you tried SoftTH ?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 19:28 

Doesnt it work when you set yr resolution ingame to whatever yr 3monitor resolution is? Or you could try the game in windowed mode, so it spans over yr whole 3monitor desktop.

Good 3monitor support is even rare on windows....on linux i would imagine its just non existant.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 17:34 
Editors
Editors

Windows or not: nope ! It's not that simple.

The thing is, to use that sort of resolution in games you must first "fool" Windows into using your three screens as one big one. This is what the Surround config tool in the video driver does. Windowed mode over a simple extended desktop can indeed be an alternative, but many games have non-resizeable windowed mode or other such restrictions...

That's why a Linux-compatible third-party tool like SoftTH may help in your case.