Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 05:03 

found a fix guys under skyrim prefs in documents just enter iPresentInterval=1
bTopMostWindow=1
bMaximizeWindow=1 under FGamma=1.0000 and change bBorderless=0 to 1 and save and it works! you can thank me later

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 07:09 

acidtrip96 wrote:
found a fix guys under skyrim prefs in documents just enter iPresentInterval=1
bTopMostWindow=1
bMaximizeWindow=1 under FGamma=1.0000 and change bBorderless=0 to 1 and save and it works! you can thank me later

I somehow doubt the sincerity of your post.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 11:12 

mrdevyn wrote:
LainP7 wrote:
mrdevyn wrote:
Skyrim Special Edition 21:9 fix for anyone.
Simply navigate to C:\Users\"username"\Documents\my games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim Prefs and edit: iSize H=1080, and iSize W=1920 to whatever your resolution is. Save and set to read only on the file properties. All set worked for me :) For example on my 21:9 I set it to iSize H=1080, and iSize W=2560 and have had no issues.

This does work but like vanilla Skyrim, you will have some UI cropping. Flawless Widescreen had a fix for this in the older version, I suppose its a matter of time before they move that over to SE.

My hud is scaled correctly. I know this was an issue on OG Skyrim, but this seems to scale properly. No issues here.

Some of the UI scales fine. Loading saves and viewing inventories is where the problem kicks in.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 13:44 

I'm playing Special Edition fine at 2560x1080, but I don't know my carry weight, my health/stamina/magicka stats, or how much gold I have due to the menus being zoomed in :( A fix should be very easy I think, all the files are essentially the same from the original version, ini tweaks still work similar. Most menus are fine and scale correctly, the only screens that I think are zoomed in is the Perk selection screen and inventories. Really hope a fix is released soon as it's super annoying not even knowing how much I can carry haha.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 16:37 

I'm hoping Hayden will come to our rescue and update Flawless Widescreen with a fix for Skryim SE — maybe if we donate some $$ to the project?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 19:44 

Funkengreuven wrote:
Barnameji wrote:
Okay I found a temporary fix, its pretty shitty for HUD purposes not gonna lie but it will work for the time being: Borderless Gaming.

So for me to use it I had to turn my crosshair off because my entire HUD was on the left side. Also, make sure you make your character before you enable it because you can't navigate that menu with your keyboard and its too large to use your mouse on. Other than that, you can pretty much get through all of the HUD stuff with your keyboard, and you get 5760x1080. so Enjoy!! :D Let's hope they get flawless widescreen out soon haha

Can you give us more detail on how you use this tool, where you get it, etc.?

Here: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

So basically you need to run it in windowed mode, then activate borderless gaming. Afterwards, activate Skyrim Special edition within BG.

For those who say that all you need to do within the SkyrimPrefs.ini is change the iSize width, I went in and set mine to 5760, left the height at 1080, saved and that didn't seem to do anything. Also tried shifting that between fullscreen and windowed. Was there anything else that I needed to do? Or anything I messed up on?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 20:07 

I tried the .ini method, but it ends up cutting off the top and bottom of the screen, so it really just looks zoomed in. I tried changing the FOV but I couldn't get it work for me.

As I understand it, Flawless Widescreen will basically extend the graphics to the sides without changing the "zoom" factor so that you are seeing more of a panoramic view.

From what I've seen so far with this special edition, modding the original gives far better graphics and play-ability. I'm curious to see what kind of mods will be available for the special edition, or if the modding community will even bother with it. Not very impressed with this Special Edition so far.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 20:17 

As everyone already confirmed, changing .ini does not work with the UI.. :( Damnit it I was so looking forward to playing this the whole weekend!
Hoping there's going to be a fix for it soon, I'll even donate!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 21:14 

Request help too or beggin fix for FWS. Damned Bethesda, got F4 old engine and set up skyrim by this. Now call it "Skyrim Special Edition". I call it "HELLO, pain is back!" no widescreen support. AGAIN

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 21:38 
Editors
Editors

Now why am i not surprised?
The only reason this game exists is because of PS4 and XboxOne.... they simply had the Mercy to port it to PC too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next