Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: triple monitor problem
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 01:32 
Hello,
Im using 3 monitors : middle one is 21:9 and the other two on the sides are 16:9 (all 3 of them are 1440p)
I cant configure them in nVidia surround because it will not let me change the resolution and/or the refresh rate after I have biffed the 3 monitors.. It's telling me : Surround requires displays that share at least one common timing.
I would like to add that I have set them all to 100Hz.

Can someone help me solve this problem, please ?!?
All I want to do is game on all 3 with the resolution of 8650x1440.

Another newbie question is : can i game on all 3 in full screen or it must be windowed ?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2016, 20:43 

Guest wrote:
Hello,
Im using 3 monitors : middle one is 21:9 and the other two on the sides are 16:9 (all 3 of them are 1440p)
I cant configure them in nVidia surround because it will not let me change the resolution and/or the refresh rate after I have biffed the 3 monitors.. It's telling me : Surround requires displays that share at least one common timing.
I would like to add that I have set them all to 100Hz.

Can someone help me solve this problem, please ?!?
All I want to do is game on all 3 with the resolution of 8650x1440.

Another newbie question is : can i game on all 3 in full screen or it must be windowed ?

Hello Guest,

You just made me realize what's missing from this part of the forums... a sticky on trouble-shooting nVidia Surround. This is an older article, but much of the principles are still the same.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/how-to-correctly-configure-geforce-gtx-680-surround#1

Here are a couple of thoughts of mine:
1. You need to make sure all your monitors support 100Hz before setting nVidia Surround. I would suggest using the native Hz (usually 60Hz for standard monitors).
2. Use the latest driver. If the current driver is corrupt or you can't change to a known configuration, I would suggest using Display Driver Uninstall to first clean the corruption, restart and install the latest driver afterwards.
3. Make sure you have the proper requirements and are using the correct ports on the card or monitor. I would not suggest using adapters as they can change the Hz or quality or just not work at all.
4. You can also try just two monitors in surround to start or test hardware.

-b0n3z

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 07:58 

I'm trying to connect three external monitors to a MSI Stealth GS 63 VR laptop / NVidia GTX1060, but the laptop only seems to recognize two of them. Laptop specs say it will support surround mode and up to 3 external monitors. These are all older monitors with only VGA and DVI inputs. The first two (Samsung S22B300 and Samsung SyncMaster) are connected via the DVI ports, one from the HDMI port, and one from the DisplayPort connection, and they work. I was able to span those two displays using Surround with the laptop, except of course that you have the bezel in the middle.

I got a third used monitor (Westinghouse model LCM-22-W3), but still no luck. This one is connected from the laptop’s USB-C port (has a lightning bolt icon next to it) to the VGA input by means of an Insignia USB-C to VGA adapter. The desktop will extend across the three monitors, I can drag folders across the three – so far, so good.

I can’t get all three to work with NVidia Surround, though. When I right-click on the desktop and go into the Display Settings window, I see icons for the three monitors plus the laptop display. However, when I go into NVidia Control Panel, both the Set up Multiple Displays window and the Configure Surround, PhysX window show only the first two monitors. The third monitor has a maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050, so I set the other two monitors to that resolution also, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

rainmon1