Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2014, 04:14 

Ok a little backstory to go along with my problem.

A few months ago I had three Asus VS238HP's hooked up to my EVGA 780. Surround worked awesome. Never had any problems, and even ran it in triple portrait for awhile. About 2 months ago, one my monitors died. So I had two monitors for a month and a half, I only had 2 monitors (GASP!). I finally got a replacement monitor, still a VS238H-P, however now, while in surround, games will NOT work in fullscreen.

I remember playing battlefield 4 in fullscreen before, as well as everything else. Now, things will only run in windowed or borderless fullscreen. If I run it in fullscreen, the screens will go black for a second, then the game will pop up in a window, spanning all three monitors, give me sound but NO video, just black.

This is especially annoying because a lot of games dont have borderless fullscreen, so I have to play them in a window (dark souls 2 for instance). While in triple landscape surround, battlefield 4's HUD is now spanned, instead of centered like it was before.

Also, in triple portrait surround, games like dark souls 2 and killer is dead would just straight up lock up my computer while trying to make them fullscreen.

I've tried rolling back the drivers but to no avail. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 00:27 

Just to give a quick update. I rolled back drivers all the way to May, and low and behold, right out of the gate, fullscreen surround works perfectly.

I have no idea what they did to their drivers but this was almost a dealbreaker and a 290x switch for me.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2014, 01:43 
Editors
Editors

it's sometimes strange what drivers do and what they don't do !