Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2019, 10:13 

Hi Sigrl

I am looking into the bug with the setup wizard. WIll post once fixed.

As for your questions:
1. The tool is agnotic in terms of the profile generated. It should re-create the desktop that you have saved. So if you save the profile as a bezel corrected 5900x1080 then when switching to surround using my tool it should create the same desktop as the one saved.
2. The desktop that was saved will be used. You will not need to tell windows to extend the desktop. The RGB part I am not sure about, I believe it should be saved but will need to look into it.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2019, 10:55 

Hey

I have fixed the Setup wizard. It should work as expected. Please only use the non-beta builds unless you wish to test the beta functionality. All releases can be found at https://github.com/Entr0py86/NVidia_Surround_Assistant/releases. The beta releases will be clearly marked as such.

Hope the app works for you now. Please let me know if there are any issues.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2019, 11:00 

Hey Sigrl
Looking at the structure that is being saved the RGB settings should also be saved with the profile. Could you download the latest build V1.0.2 and check if that is the case. I the setting is not saved I will look into what I can fdo to save it.

Kind Regards
Conrad

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2019, 22:31 

Well, it's not perfect, but it's waaay better than Nvidia has offered over my 5 years of SLI surround.

It appears the app is not able to toggle SLI. I'm not surprised. Every time I try to switch the old fashioned way, the process always stops, being hung up by any running task, even background things like new windows 10 yourphone.exe (gonna have to delete that crap.).

(It might work if there was nothing running in the background, but haven't tested yet.)

However, if I manage the SLI my self, and then use surround assistant to get the settings thereafter, it works as designed. As a result, this decreases by many magnitudes the reconfiguration steps previously required.

I can totally live with the present arrangement.

BTW, a bug I'm getting, I try to toggle back and forth an number of times between setups, I get:

"Could not load hookDLL.dll. Application can not function without it."

It doesn't seem to impair the function, it still opens and toggles the settings. The error is not present the first time NVSA is opened, meaning a fresh restart clears the error.

Thanks for your efforts. Gonna donate again when I close this post.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2019, 05:22 

Hi Esteady

That is very unfortunate, I was really hoping I could create a solution for you. It must be that other apps have already created Direct3D devices and due to that not able to switch SLI.

I will look into the bug you are receiving. That error mmessage is a bit out dated as I introduced multiple methods of detection, later on in the development cycle. Just to clarify, do you open and exit the surround assistant multiple times and then toggle or just toggle using the toggle button?

Regards