Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 06:55 

Kindof a long shot (since the game natively supports multi-monitor and most seem to have no issues), but I can't get AC:S to run in Multi-monitor.

I run 7680x1600 with dual 980 Ti in SLI. I have no issues with any other game that supports NV Surround. For AC:S I have no issues if I set desktop resolution to 2560x1600. I do have newest drivers, etc. Have also tried everything I can find online (Win 7 compatibility mode, run as admin, etc.)

When I start AC:S I have no issues. I can get to the loading area (where you can see your guy standing there) and I can do graphics options, etc. Game recognizes my resolution and everything seems great. When I start the game i can also view the intro video totally fine. As soon as it tries to load me into the world, it crashes to desktop.

Ubisoft's answer to my support ticket was a canned response that included disabling multi-monitor and SLI. Thanks Ubi.

Anyway, thought I'd give this one last try and see if anyone had a similar issue that they ended up resolving. Really sucks that I could play older AC games in multi-monitor and have a problem on this one (which everyone seems to say is one of the better AC's).

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 12:42 

hello

i run the game using 7680 x 1440 on Tri-screen with 3DSurround (CM mode) and 2xSLI, there is no problem at all. so it should working for you also, strange

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 05:56 

greatxerox wrote:
hello

i run the game using 7680 x 1440 on Tri-screen with 3DSurround (CM mode) and 2xSLI, there is no problem at all. so it should working for you also, strange

Yeah, the oddity of my situation, combined with Ubisoft just refusing to help since it is playable on 1 screen meant I just had to delete and move on. Maybe if something comes up I can play in the future. Figured my only hope was if someone else had a similar problem and had a fix. Not sure where else I can turn.