Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 08:50 

So I had so very little faith that Infinity Ward would deliver anything resembling a playable experience for Surround/Eyefinity. Yet instead they released a polished game that runs better than Black Ops 3 by significant amount.

Menus all scaled correctly and centered

All models, imagespace, and postprocessing rendered at correct Aspect Ratio (48:9) and scale.
The only 2D element not calculated correctly is the crosshair. Which as you can see is annoying; especially since it can't just flat out be turned off. Why BF & CoD don't ever have the option is beyond me. That being said It quickly disappears into the background.

All the in game prompts are centered and scaled

The opening cutscene is 16:9 pillarboxed on center monitor. Yet the cutscenes between missions are 16:9 but stretched. Forgive me but those screenshots were corrupted.

So there are blemishes, but it is far superior to BO3 and Advanced Warfare. Also it runs like nobodies business. Unlike BO3 it doesn't restrict graphics options in SLI. They are using an in house Temporal filter on top of SMAA x1 and SMAA Tx2 that looks amazing and funnily enough even has sliders to control the temporal filter's strength. I tested it on 2x GTX 1080's && 2x GTX980's. Nither of them budged from 60 FPS with everything maxed out. So Volumetric lighting, Shadows on Extra, Filmic SMAA Tx2 etc...

I'm actually shocked by this. I can't remember the last time I had anything but contempt for Infinity Ward. Now it's contempt and respect. Add on top of that the game is so far amazing in my opinion. I'm one of the strange folks who never plays CoD multiplayer more than an hour per game. So having a good campaign is all i can ask for. I haven't checked Modern Warfare Remastered yet, but I'm hopeful.

Oh yeah I almost forgot! That obscene dithering pattern in BO3 is not present whatsoever. That was the worst implementation I had ever seen. So the shadows and subsurface scattered skin look as they should. The resolution scale is also unlocked with SLI. Up to 200%. Go figure people with high end computers get to use the option made for High end computers. It must be witchcraft, or they hired someone who's critical faculties are still functioning.

EDIT: Funny enough it doesn't have any SLI bits. So It must be working that well off of a single card.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 13:49 
I Donated
I Donated

Jezuz Crap..
I just made an INSTABUY!
Unlocked res scale like in Batllefield1! I love that!
Thx for this!
:triplewide:

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 17:40 

anteronoid wrote:
Jezuz Crap..
I just made an INSTABUY!
Thx for this!

I know right? Clearly we've passed into a new dimension. The Modern Warfare Remaster is in even better shape. It uses the engine revision Advanced Warfare used, but has all the AR bugs ironed out.

However, The FOV is 65 or so and horrendous to look at. Raven did this while IW did the new game. Get this; they actually put a FOV slider in the multiplayer, but left it out of the SP. Plus they turned off the dev console, and the cvars for FOV won't be recognized from the cfg file. That being said, I give it a couple of hours tops and someone will have an FOV fix for the SP, and if not I'll fix it when I get home this evening.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 19:37 
I Donated
I Donated

Peer_Review wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
Jezuz Crap..
I just made an INSTABUY!
Thx for this!

I know right? Clearly we've passed into a new dimension. The Modern Warfare Remaster is in even better shape. It uses the engine revision Advanced Warfare used, but has all the AR bugs ironed out.

However, The FOV is 65 or so and horrendous to look at. Raven did this while IW did the new game. Get this; they actually put a FOV slider in the multiplayer, but left it out of the SP. Plus they turned off the dev console, and the cvars for FOV won't be recognized from the cfg file. That being said, I give it a couple of hours tops and someone will have an FOV fix for the SP, and if not I'll fix it when I get home this evening.

Yes, its incredible.
Downloading right now. But the FOV in SP is that issue only for the Remaster?

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 22:52 

anteronoid wrote:
Peer_Review wrote:

Yes, its incredible.
Downloading right now. But the FOV in SP is that issue only for the Remaster?

As far as I've seen. It's the Advanced Warfare engine but with (as far as I can tell) all of the 2D calculations corrected. I don't believe even the crosshair was stretched, there is an option to turn it off though anyway. Also the MWR cutscenes appear to all be 16:9 pillarboxed. No stretching and on the center monitor only for the few I saw. That being said the 65 FOV was more than I could take so I didn't go past the second mission. The lighting was pretty impressive looking. Since it is AW's engine it has HBAO+ as well. All in all the only issue I could find was the FOV. I also lament the removal of MSAA but almost all of the modern engines that once supported it have dropped it in favor of some of these new complex deferred lighting implementations. If I'm to be honest the in house Filmic TX2 SMAA does an excellent job and is more than sufficient. The only other minor issue I spied was, under certain circumstances, and depending on shadow settings the dithering pattern can slip into scene at brief moments. Never for more than a second, and usually only when moving towards someone being lit by a light source that is behind you and shining in the close to the same direction as you are moving. That might be pretty nitpicky though, but after seeing it the whole game for BO3 now I am hyper-aware of it when it does show. So yeah just the FOV in SP. I haven't touched the MP at all. CoD4 wasn't Peer 2 Peer. Anyone could have a dedicated server and have up to 32 player games. Yet I heard that people who bought it from the Windows store (I'm not sure who would) can't even play with people who have it on Steam. Anyway, I think that covers everything. I won't get home for several hours yet to test any more of it. Even when I do I think I'll try to finish Infinite Warfare's Campaign. I dig it. :twothumb:

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 23:09 

i agree it's nice we have proper support this time in the game. i still wish the cutscenes had the correct aspect ratio. it looks horrible in 21:9. can't even imagine how bad it must be on a triple monitor setup. i hope this can somehow be fixed.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 00:49 
I Donated
I Donated

I did have some bad stuttering, although the gpu was at 60%ish and cpu 25% and the disks didn't read much...weird... but after turning off AA and setting res scale to 130% i get really smooth frames and it looks a lot better, the AA was really blurry imo.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 20:12 

So are all of the pre-rendered cutscenes stretched? I was thinking of buying IW for the campaign but I don't want to if the cutscenes are stretched.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 08:14 

Do you guys know if it works with no issue in the multiplayer section of this game? I am planning on running the game on my GTX 1070 Founders Edition with 3X of the ASUS MG248Q monitors on Win10.

Thx