Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 18:01 

Hello -

I'm hoping to get a bit of advice here. I just purchased three Acer H6 H236HL BID monitors http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483&cm_re=H236HL_BID-_-24-009-483-_-Product and set it up in a triple monitor horizontal setup. I can run any game on my system on my primary monitor, and can also run three clients of Eve Online (one per monitor), but as soon as I put any game into surround, my system literally grinds to a halt. It takes forever to load anything and I get nothing more than 9 to 11 FPS. I'm trying to run Skyrim, GTA V, Doom, Eve Online. Am I missing something here, or does my system not have the capability to push this many monitors? If it doesn't, can my system run a 34" ultrawide and a 27" side by side? What about just a 34"? I previously had it running a 27" and a 21" monitor not in surround.

System:

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50GHz
8GB RAM
NVidia MSI GeForce GTX 970 8GB RAM

Thank you and I really appreciate any insight you all can give. Trying to decide to keep these or return them all and just get an ultrawide. My biggest concern is I really enjoy Eve Online and I run three clients of it, so the triple will be great for that, but garbage for anything else at this point.

Also, I got the monitors for a steal at $110 bucks each. Are these monitors fine for my purpose, or should I be looking at something else? I don't need speakers or anything like that, just monitors and I'm not a huge FPS gamer anymore.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 19:13 

Just to add to this, just tested with BattleField 4. I have it currently running in window mode on one monitor and have NVidia surround enabled. It is running at 200 FPS in the window mode in the BACKGROUND (windowed mode on left monitor while I type this on center monitor). Even in windowed mode, as soon as I click on to the BF4 window, it drops from 200 FPS to 10 FPS. I click back out of the window to this browser, and it goes back to 200 FPS. What is driving this?

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 19:28 

Looks like I solved it. Have to disable NVidia share as it is conflicting or taking too much resources.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 21:47 

What resolution are you playing at in surround,try a much smaller resolution say 720 768 or 800 1x gtx 970 is going to struggle at 1080.maybe get another 970 or upgrade to a 1070 with more vram.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 23:41 

I'm having the exact same problem!! Is it really just their sill streaming software?!