Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Titanfall 2
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 15:13 

Hmm interesting, I have a triple monitor set up and for me Titanfall 2 works perfectly.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 16:16 
Editors
Editors

OK, keep talkin' :) What's your setup like ? Eyefinity or Surround, resolution ?
Could you post a couple screenshots: main menu, singleplayer HUD with radio convo (to compare with antenoroid's sshots #1 & 5)... Thanks.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 19:50 

Just got this and it is not working, no menu at all. Also when I get a radio message in SP it takes up WAY to much of my main display making playing annoying.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 09:45 

Kayden wrote:
Here is a thread I found on the Titanfall 2 forums. Sound off there so we can let the dev's know we want this fixed!

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/disc ... ues#latest

Good find! I hope they can get this fixed.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 00:33 

We have an update everybody!

Quote:
PC:
[*] Added Adaptive Supersampling. When enabled and running faster than the FPS target, the game will dynamically increase rendering resolution up to 2x the target resolution to improve AA quality. If the maximum supersampled resolution exceeds 16K in either dimension (e.g. when running at Eyefinity/Surround resolutions), this option will be unavailable.
[*] Added Very High to the Model Quality tiers.
[*] General stability improvements.
[*] Added Model Draw Distance to allow pushing draw distances further out.
[*] Added description for Triple Buffered in the VSync description text.
[*] In an effort to reduce hitches from texture streaming, the "Texture Quality" setting has been renamed to "Texture Streaming Budget" to more accurately reflect the setting's function, and the tiers have been renamed to indicate the VRAM amount needed. A warning has also been added when the game detects that the chosen tier uses more memory than currently detected. The goal is to only use about ~75-80% of the VRAM when the game is running to avoid GPU memory management hitches.
[*] Spun D3D texture creates off onto a dedicated thread to avoid driver stalls and added throttling to the number of textures that are made live by the streaming system every frame. The throttling mechanism is simplistic and can be improved, but we want to get this out earlier to see if we're on the right track in reducing texture streaming stutter before investing more engineering effort. If you were previously experiencing stutter, please provide feedback on whether stuttering has noticeably improved after this patch.
[*] Adaptive Resolution FPS Target is no longer capped by max monitor refresh rate and instead caps to maximum supported FPS (144).
[*] Improve VRAM detection accuracy.
[*] Improved SLI/Crossfire compatibility. Players are recommended to not use TSAA when running in multi-GPU mode because TSAA can negatively affect performance scaling.
[*] Improved frame rate stutter detection tools.
[*] Enabling adaptive resolution while VSync is set to Double Buffered should now reliably force VSync to Triple Buffered.
[*] The game now prevents the screensaver/lock screen from coming up due to idling while the game is running.
[*] Added additional info to rare startup error "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution Unsupported?" and a speculative fix for it.
[*] Fixed adaptive res FPS target incorrectly resetting to 60.
[*] Fixed texture streaming being disabled on GPUs with < 2GB of detected VRAM.
[*] Fixed the game crashing on startup if a user has AMD GPU drivers installed, but is no longer using an AMD GPU as the primary adapter.
[*] Fixed memory leak experienced on Crossfire setups.
[*] Fixed various UI scaling issues when running in Eyefinity/Surround ultrawide resolution.
[*] Added text clarifying "Invite friends" functionality doesn't work while the Origin overlay is disabled.

Source: Link : https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/disc ... ate#latest

Multi-GPU works better, however still experiencing UI scaling issues with 7680x1440P

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 11:23 

Look carefully,
Seems like your Multi-GPU working better is simply a placebo effect. The top of the Live Fire update post says
'We are not confirming a release date for Live Fire as we have not completed the certification process for the update yet. '
and 'patch notes of what to expect in the update.'
The update isn't here yet. The menu & UI scaling should be fixed soon, but we'll all have to wait a bit longer.

RAM - 16gb Corsair Vengance DDR4

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 13:50 
Editors
Editors

Finally ! Main menu fixed in Live Fire update:

Some HUD improvements too, like damage indicator and radio portraits:

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 18:53 

Yes! :)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2017, 19:05 

They have still not fixed the sun being so blinding it gives me headaches... It is between 3-6 times as bright on 5760x1200 than single monitor.

On single monitor videos posted online, they can see details at a place I can't see, when moving the same place and direction. This problem is especially bad at 2-3 maps...

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2017, 10:01 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the heads-up, I've added a note about this to the DR (if you can word it better, please do: click the Edit button).
This "sun is suddenly a supernova" issue is a pain. Sometimes it's caused by high aspect ratios, sometimes it's the high pixel count alone. If you ever test these maps at the lowest Eyefinity/Surround resolution available to you, I'd be interested in the result ;)