Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 23:33 

Hey all,

So I was a BIG fan of the original homeworld back in the day. When the remastered came out, I was so excited to try multimonitor but it had such bad triple support.

I looked into it again today and was blown away by a recent update....so get this...the triple monitor issue has been relatively improved...but with a few tweaks on a recent gearbox forum...you can now get almost perfect UI AND almost simultaneous multiview projection effects!!! :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: I say almost because I have no clue what it really takes to get SMP, but the stretching is almost gone for me now.

For those who want a read....its here: https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/tr ... 1501999/61

If you want to skip the read, for those with 16:3 aspect ratio (5760 x 1080 or 7680 x 1440)....these are my settings to remove the stretching and move the UI to the center screen....and it works ridiculously. You have to set launch options on steam to this:

-BACK_FOV=70 -facetCount=24 -facetAutoFOV=150 -uiLeft=0.34 -uiRight=0.66 -uiTop=0.0 -uiBottom=1.0

Thats it! Just copy and past it in and be amazed :)

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2016, 09:58 

just got back into this game. good fix but the ctrl-right click drop down is screwy, did you find a workaround for that?