Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 19:39 

Hi,

I'm currently running a pair of LG 29UM57, one is connected with a mini HDMI to HDMI adapter (yeah, my GPU does't have a full size HDMI port...) and the other with a mini-DP to HDMI.

It works fine... most of the time. Sometimes, i get an issue where one of the monitor will turn off, then the other, then both, ... please see this video for an example : http://webmshare.com/ovqYQ

I tried to mess around with the cables, and it seems like the issue is to do with the miniDP to HDMI adapter, but i tried almost every one there is on Amazon, no one soled the issue....

Btw, i'm running Windows 10, with the latest nvidia drivers.

Is there something i can do ?

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 17:44 

I was having (what sounds do be a similar problem) with 2 29UM67's. What I found is when I went into the NVidia control panel, both monitors weren't selected. May be worth a shot.

Not on my home rig currently or I could upload a couple screen shots.

When I was troubleshooting, I noticed the control panel display settings showed a second monitor hooked up, but wasn't recognizing the display which led me to the Nvida panel.

I hope that helps.