Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 04:50 
I Donated
I Donated

I game for a donation as well! I'll kick in an extra $50 for the cause! :onethumb: I've been playing in surround and you can kinda follow what's up, but some menus are just undoable. I've found you can use the PIP for inventory, but crafting is a joke. That's too bad as it seems to be a very important part of the game. I'm loving it so far! I never played the earlier versions of Fallout, so it's all new to me. Seems really good so far! I can only imagine how cool it would be to have everything line up correctly so you could focus on the gameplay & not on trying to figure out what they hell you're doing with inventory items & the like...

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 05:45 

Unrelated... but has any of you tried the Pip-boy app for your phone/tablets? I can't get it to connect to my PC. Tried 2 different phones and my tablet and even disabled my firewall on the PC.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 05:55 
Insiders
Insiders

ekrboi wrote:
Unrelated... but has any of you tried the Pip-boy app for your phone/tablets? I can't get it to connect to my PC. Tried 2 different phones and my tablet and even disabled my firewall on the PC.

The Pip-Boy app uses TCP port 27000 and UDP port 28000 (further details), so you might need to ensure those are open.

Of course the Pip-Boy App Enabled setting also has to be enabled in-game.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 06:55 

helifax wrote:
Yey! Another game from Bethesda! Them and their shitty engine.... -_-
I remember fixing Skyrim like 4 years ago?

In any case, it looks like the exact same engine (UI wise)... Guess 4 years wasn't enough for them to fix this crap ^_^. Hopefully their game released 40 years from now will have this issue addressed :)

I'll take a look, but if is like Skyrim....well, I think I'll avoid fixing it lol;))

That would be awesome if you were able to get Fallout 4 fixed up too. Look forward to knowing if you're able to fix it or not.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 07:51 

There are bigger issues than just the UI HUD issue, when I go in to 5760x1080 it looks really good but yes the UI sucks, but looks like with just some tweaking it could be fine to me, the real issue I have is in some places I get horrible shadows that cause major issues that may be a much bigger problem.
I am pretty upset that I am having this many issues.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 09:12 

Garrett wrote:
Of course the Pip-Boy App Enabled setting also has to be enabled in-game.

That's what it was. I ended up finding it by accident. Thanks though!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 10:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi vulcan_s,

I am around;)) I am more concentrating on 3D Vision lately;) and OpenGL and mostly I have been working on my OpenGL-3D Vision wrapper;) Fixing some games in 3D Vision and so on;) I also added a couple of Surround fixes as well for some games;)

I am really glad to hear you decided to go indie all the way;) I am thinking the same problem is I don't know how easy is to go indie as just one person;)) (and finding a team it has been problematic:)) Then again I didn't sink enough time into it.)

Now back to the topic: I did give a quick look last night and not the easiest fix so far as I noticed two important things:
- Some UI elements are stretched (wrong AR) or all screens
- Some UI elements have the correct Aspect but are spanned on all screens.

So, fixing will need to be independent on the type of UI it seems (Skyrim all over the place again -_-).
I did find one "central" part that "controls" the whole rendering, but I didn't dig deeper than this currently. I'll have to dig some more and see what I can find. (Why couldn't this engine be Unreal 3/4 engine? It would have been fixed by now lol).

I don't know if Hayden is looking into this as well, but I really hope he is;))

Cheers!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 11:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh Hello there.

I'll just leave this here, about 9 hours spent on it thus far.... would really rather be playing it - plugin is not done yet.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 11:15 

HaYDeN wrote:
Oh Hello there.

I'll just leave this here, about 9 hours spent on it thus far.... would really rather be playing it - plugin is not done yet.

Wow, looks amazing!
Thank you so much for working on this.
I'll be sure to donate, like many other when it is finished!!!

:triplewide:

All we need now is for Nvidia to get their head out of their arses and release a SLI profile.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 11:24 

HaYDeN wrote:
Oh Hello there.

Looks really good man. Love Flawless Widescreen. Your work does not go unappreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 77  Next