Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 03:26 

I would recommend that anyone having issues with flawless patch since the update look at their INI files and check to see if they have the old ba2 file still being used. I have no issues at all on 5670X1080 using flawless. the only left over issues are the aspect of the workshop icons and the PA interface aspect and they are fixable using INI edits very specifically.

Robert

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 21:49 

rdunlap wrote:
I would recommend that anyone having issues with flawless patch since the update look at their INI files and check to see if they have the old ba2 file still being used. I have no issues at all on 5670X1080 using flawless. the only left over issues are the aspect of the workshop icons and the PA interface aspect and they are fixable using INI edits very specifically.

Robert

It works also in 7930*1440 without problems for me.
I only have the icons ini modifications to make them bigger.
I think that if you are in 16/9 you don't need the modified interface files at all even if you are using bezel correction like me.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 03:27 

MTLBoomCat wrote:
Just in case this avoids headaches, I put together a package and instructions that worked for me on my setup thanks to the hard work put in this thread.

Pack info and instructions:

Go to:
Documents\my games\Fallout4

Replace both .ini files with the ones in this pack

Go to:
Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

Drag Interface Folder and accept replace prompts

Go to:
Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data

Rename Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 to Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.old
Copy Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 from package to
Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data

Start Fallout 4

If anything doesn't work, you can delete both .ini files
and the Fallout 4 folder here: AppData\Local
and delete the new Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 and rename
Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.old to Fallout4 - Interface.ba2

Start Fallout 4 and everything will be set to default

Hope this helps!!

This fixed all my problems except one. Now that I have all the needed information on screen again, it is all teeny and squished. Which settings drive the dimensions of the HUD?

And THANKS A LOT! for this package. :D

EDIT: I had to remove the Interfaces folder from Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 because it would crash directly to desktop whenever I tried to enter Workshop mode. I did not originally have an interfaces folder there which I thought was odd. Also the Quest Marker and the Tracking Tag that gets put on an enemy seems to move if turn from left to right. I have to go back and forth to see when it stop moving to find where the actual tagged area or person is.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 07:12 

anteronoid wrote:
Everything works fine for me in nvidia surround with the Flawless Widescreen fix +some ini edit to make the workshop icons larger.
Cant see any difference since the new patch at all. Only have a nude mod.. works like a charm.

What are the ini edits you are using to make the workshop icons larger?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016, 03:59 
I Donated
I Donated

newparad1gm wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
Everything works fine for me in nvidia surround with the Flawless Widescreen fix +some ini edit to make the workshop icons larger.
Cant see any difference since the new patch at all. Only have a nude mod.. works like a charm.

What are the ini edits you are using to make the workshop icons larger?

This ones :onethumb:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=162830#p162830

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 17:15 

Hey guys, for anyone still having issues with Fallout 1.3 (with the flawless patch or anything) I have compiled all of the information again into a tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ODDVWEoZuE

This has the partial fix for workshop icon sizes as well as the compiled files (with some minor updates) provided by MTLBoomCat. Hope this helps guys!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 04:53 
I have the issue on 5760 x 1200 that with all the mentioned mods the HUD is still a few inches to low :( Had this game since it was out, and still unable to play more than an hour or so :( gonna blow up freaking bethesda, I can really not believe how ignorant they are considering the fact that there is not only 10 eyefinity / surround users out there, but a couple thousand...

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2016, 12:43 

Hello all,

yesterday steam installed the new beta patch 1.4 and - like a month ago with beta 1.3 - the game CTD while going into the build mode. It seems that the modified Interface.ba2 has to be modified for every new patch again. :roll:

@WARBOY1982: Have you time and could you be so gentle to modify the Interface.ba2 again? I will praise to the Lord for your soul if you could do that again, m8... :cheers:

Or maybe is there an easy way that i could change the file (Interface.ba2) on my own, so that i won't disturb you anymore?

Greetings
Helmut

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016, 17:27 

Talk about frustrating.. I upgraded my AMD Radeon HD7970 over the past weekend to an R9 390X with a new Mobo, CPU and RAM then clean reloaded Windows 10. Loaded AMD Crimson Drivers and Flawless widescreen and now Fallout 4 has no HUD at all on the main menu. I tried MTLBoomCats files and it made no difference. No problem I thought I'll just play on one screen well low and behold I discovered that the AMD crimson drivers don't have the ability to disable my eyefinity outside monitors on my 3x1 setup like my old drivers/GPU did. Thanks to AMD's driver shortcomings I have to find a new way to twitch stream I guess?? I'll have to try borderless windowed mode until AMD hopefully puts the monitor disable feature back..I really don't want to go backwards in driver version and lose performance ... </rant over>

Loud72

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016, 23:27 
Insiders
Insiders

loud72 wrote:
No problem I thought I'll just play on one screen well low and behold I discovered that the AMD crimson drivers don't have the ability to disable my eyefinity outside monitors on my 3x1 setup like my old drivers/GPU did.

You can still access the old-style Catalyst Control Center by going to Preferences, Radeon Additional Settings. Some features have been shifted to the main Radeon Settings or removed entirely (like profile hotkeys) but you can manually enable/disable your Eyefinity group (whereas under Radeon Settings you have to actually discard it to break up the group).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 77  Next