Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2015, 23:52 

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums so excuse me if I come off ignorant. I have followed several instructions provided here to get Fallout running perfectly on my triple monitor rig. Everything seems to be working well with the exception of the crafting menu but I already know how to fix that. The actual issue that I am having is random crashing. After applying the Fallout-Interface patch the game started to work perfectly but whenever I have to transfer items through the mini pop-up window by pressing R my game instantly closes to desktop. No error message, no indication that there was a crash. I don't really know what else to do in order to fix this problem as I have gone a couple hours searching without any luck. Mind you I have not messed with the FOV settings as of yet. I'm not sure if there is a simple solution to this problem or if it's something new. Either way, I'd really appreciate any kind of help since this community seems like it's extremely helpful.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 00:22 
I Donated
I Donated

Thanks Robert for the info i will look in to that and have been googling for a solution. however this is related to the patch because, i had a mod that fixed my UI (sort of) I found on nexus for 5760x1080 resolutions here the link: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/274/? and it worked alright no crashing on any of the issues i described above. when i saw this i uninstalled the mod and tried it out my game looked ten times better so awesome work on that. I went to lock pick my game crashed on a successful attempt and so i tried again and the same thing went to a work bench same thing tried to trade with my companion same thing and so forth.

also if you could help me figure out what key it is that i have to edit id much appreciate that thanks everyone.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 00:35 

Haldi wrote:
Tutorial how to edit .ba2 files
Things you need:
.ba2 un(re-)packer from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54891-f4-ba2-unpack/ (seems to be down, Reupload by myself:
Attachment:
QuickBMS extractor.zip
)
JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler from here: https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/download/
the original Fallout4 Interfaces.ba2 (or you can use my modified version)

Thanks for posting this. I'm looking at it as we speak. There's no reason for every single person to have to patch their game individually, though.

I'm looking through the files and I can't find where Display rect is defined. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I think writing an auto patcher for the swf would be pretty easy. I have some code already written from my MGS V patch utility that could easily be re-used.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 00:57 

chris686 wrote:
Haldi wrote:
Things you need:
.ba2 un(re-)packer from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54891-f4-ba2-unpack/ (seems to be down, Reupload by myself:
Attachment:
The attachment QuickBMS extractor.zip is no longer available
)
JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler from here: https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/download/

Thanks for posting this. I'm looking at it as we speak. There's no reason for every single person to have to patch their game individually, though.

I'm looking through the files and I can't find where Display rect is defined. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I think writing an auto patcher for the swf would be pretty easy. I have some code already written from my MGS V patch utility that could easily be re-used.

Quoting myself. I found out how to read it. This is a decompressed file. They are compressed with ZLib and can easily be decompressed with 7Zip.

If you're not a geek, you can probably skip this post.

The Hex dump in JPEXS shows the values, though the hex viewer is pretty crummy and seems slightly inaccurate. I'm writing this here for future readers.

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 51.28 KiB | Viewed 2386 times ]

The value in green is offset at address 9. This is where the displayRect starts. The value after 80 is the min. Somehow 80 is translated as 16 bits. I'm guessing UB is unsigned byte. 80 is 128, divided by 8 is 16? That's my best guess.

The next value, 00, zero obviously. This is the Xmin.

The next value is 6 bytes: 03 20 00. This is 204,800 in decimal. Divided by 8 is... 25,600!

If my assumptions are correct, the next max value is 01 C2 00, which should be 14,400 * 8, which is 115,200. In hex, that is 1C 20 00.

So... based on this info, I can write a patch utility. I'll post back when it's finished. I honestly would have done it a couple weeks ago, but I was waiting on someone else to write one.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 02:43 

chris686 wrote:
Haldi wrote:
Things you need:
Attachment:
QuickBMS extractor.zip
)

The question that comes to mind is Which SWF? There are several involved in this fix. Next question: Bear in mind I don't know enough about flash to fill a stickynote. Will your approach stay fixed the next time they update some or all of the SWF files? <sigh> i miss FORTRN89

Robert

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 05:48 
Editors
Editors

chris686 wrote:
So... based on this info, I can write a patch utility. I'll post back when it's finished. I honestly would have done it a couple weeks ago, but I was waiting on someone else to write one.

Tried the same when the game released, but well... lucky i got lots of infos how this interface is written and i've started patching around myself xD

rdunlap wrote:
Will your approach stay fixed the next time they update some or all of the SWF files? <sigh> i miss FORTRN89

It's a "patcher" so you start the tool, check existing resolution, writen your prefered resolution, and it will overwrite the current files.
So you apply it after every game update with 2 clicks.

Btw, about the people having crashes.
A: Crashes do NOT happen when using original interface.ba2 ?
B: They happen with Erkbois patched file and with my patched file?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 06:01 

I am pretty sure they are talking about a lockpick bug that is known but not as common as the invisible lockpick mini game. There were several references to it right after release day but I didn't have it so lost track of the issue. I remember an INI change being recommended on Bethesda's forums but can't dig it back up. I get the patcher part I am wondering if the hex addressing will change if the SWF is updated. I am a nosy old fart, my brain picks problems apart until they are not reducible any further.
BTW I am working on the PA interface as my learning object for flash. If I happen to fix it *(not holding breath) can I kick it to you to look over before I inflict it on the forum? I wouldn't trust it to share unless someone versed in Flash gave it a look.
Robert

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 07:53 
I Donated
I Donated

Haldi wrote:
chris686 wrote:

Tried the same when the game released, but well... lucky i got lots of infos how this interface is written and i've started patching around myself xD

rdunlap wrote:
Will your approach stay fixed the next time they update some or all of the SWF files? <sigh> i miss FORTRN89

It's a "patcher" so you start the tool, check existing resolution, writen your prefered resolution, and it will overwrite the current files.

A: No i never had a crash with the original B2a file. when I used the mod to fix the UI from nexus everything worked ..alright meaning nothing broke subtitles were messed up but that was about it. the UI wasn't as nice as your Patched file.
B: Yes to me it has only happened when I used your file everything looks great except when i use the tranfer window a work bench or try and trade with companions or lock pick successful. meaning i can get the lock picking window and pick the lock once its sucessful it crashes. its different than the lock pick bug and invisible one too which ive not had. i switched the original ba2 back no issue when re moded with a UI fix but it does not look nearly as nice as when its patched.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 08:56 
I Donated
I Donated

Haldi wrote:
chris686 wrote:

rdunlap wrote:

A: Nope, all is fine with the original interface.ba2. Your first .ba2 fix works also without any problem. ( http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 79#p162479 )
B: Erkbois new file was removed and referenced to your latest patched file, so i couldnt try Erkbois newest file. :wtf:

I reverted to your old file and use it, but would be nice to be able to use the updated in case there are some goodies in it.
Thx for looking in to it!

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 12:42 

How is the game running for you after the last Nvidia patch?

The game have horrible performance for me. I run 5760 x 1080 on a 2500k at 4.4 ghz and two 970.

I think i have tried every possible solution, different sli bits, so many configurations but i just cant get this game to run good. I am running around 30-45 fps depending on where i am, inside is the worst.
I have all settings on low kinda, but changing them does not really help much.

I have done many DDU driver installs so that should not be a problem. I get around 50-70% gpu usage, and i notice that the cards dont have to work that much since the fans and temps does not go up. I have tried many different sli bits. I have also tried changing to AFR2 and SLI COUNT TWO ( For some reason, default driver settings is listed as four? )
I have experimented with different pre-rended frames settings and everything i can think of really. But nothing seems to help.

Am i missing something that other people do or why is it such a horrible experience for me?

The only thing that works flawless is the Surroundfix, keep it up everyone who contributed :)

I read people here saying they run 970 sli at high without stuttering which seems like an impossible task.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 77  Next