Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 May 2024, 07:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 01:22 

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of their hard work and involvement. Really must say WSGF is a great community!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 01:26 
I Donated
I Donated

So what's the difference between the Haldi & ekrboi fixes? I have the ekrobi fix from last night in place still and it works okay. I have the modified swf's in the interface folder and .ini edit in place. The only issue I have is when using a scoped rifle I get overlapping fields of view. I think there was a fix for that, but can't remember what it was & can't seem to find it in the thread. In any case, what's the difference? I'm running three monitor 5892x1080 bezel corrected setup. Thanks!

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 01:41 

Haldi wrote:
ekrboi wrote:
Haldi I suspect those green boxes are "rendered by the engine" and not the swfs. I completely poked through the favorites one and they aren't in there.

OH and you can't use the force repack option on that repacker tool. It even says basically "don't do this it will mess stuff up" lol. I didn't try doing a full fresh pack though.. can it make them from scratch? I suspect the reason the "option text" like on the bottom of the home screen is still large is because my edited file isn't packed into a ba2.

bust be a swf file. It also changes places when you change the HUD safe zone in the .ini file, though i haven't found it myself yet ^^

The force repack works pretty well, it just says "Don't do this because if you inject files it will mess up the position aka the whole archive" so if you repack ALL files as new ones i haven't had problems till now :D
P.S the 2nd interface.ba2 uses most of your files so it should fix all of it. I'm using that myself right now.

So with the ba2 you packed those fonts are normal size(GREAT!), but out of curiosity I put the original interface.ba2 back and extracted your ba2 and put the interface folder into data like I had been doing and the font are large again! So it seems that whichever swf controls that won't load as a loose file which was what my suspicion was. Good to know!

Now I'm going to look into that theory about the green boxes I mentioned earlier!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 02:02 

Funkengreuven wrote:
So what's the difference between the Haldi & ekrboi fixes? I have the ekrobi fix from last night in place still and it works okay. I have the modified swf's in the interface folder and .ini edit in place. The only issue I have is when using a scoped rifle I get overlapping fields of view. I think there was a fix for that, but can't remember what it was & can't seem to find it in the thread. In any case, what's the difference? I'm running three monitor 5892x1080 bezel corrected setup. Thanks!

The ba2 Haldi posted on page 20 has my fixed files compiled into it. You should grab that and use it. Read my previous post, it seems some of the files won't load when just loose in the interface folder, but work fine put into the ba2.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 02:23 

ekrboi wrote:
Haldi wrote:
ekrboi wrote:
Haldi

Now I'm going to look into that theory about the green boxes I mentioned earlier!

Hopefully, you can fix it. Although not game breaking, would be nice to have a fix.

Also, any ways to fix the skewed graphics when crafting and picking up magazines.?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 02:36 
I Donated
I Donated

ekrboi wrote:
Funkengreuven wrote:

The ba2 Haldi posted on page 20 has my fixed files compiled into it. You should grab that and use it. Read my previous post, it seems some of the files won't load when just loose in the interface folder, but work fine put into the ba2.

Yea, you're right. I switched over to the Haldi .ba2 file, changed the .ini, and renamed the INTERFACE folder and played a bit. I noticed the text isn't as large...I guess that's what you meant by it not picking up one of your files. Also, the scope worked itself out too. I have three windows, but the one in the center is aligned properly with centered crosshairs, so no worries there. I thank both you guys for your work on this! One thing: I don't see what you guys keep referring to the "Green Boxes" or something like that? I occasionally get a small green box on the screen if I'm in one of the crafting menus, but that's the only time I see it & then it goes away. I see no game breaking issues at this point. The "pre-crafting" pics or diagrams are too small to view, but it you flip through the possibilities it shows you in life-size a sample of what you're building, so that's no issue. All in all, everything is working great!

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 02:56 

MrGrim wrote:
latexyankee wrote:
First let me say thank you to everyone for the hard work. I have been following along and I'm planning to fire up the game for the first time tomorrow night. I'm trying to keep a list of everything I have to modify.

To use Haldi's fix, which ini do I edit? I remember NV and skyrim and I was constantly getting confused between the 2 fallout.ini and (I think) 2 falloutpref.ini files.

Is there just one location needed to edit the hud elements, vsync and mouse accel?

Latex if you go back to page 20 and 21 it is explained there. You're ini files that you'll be making scale changes to should be in your documents under my games/fallout 4.you should see the file. Everything else should be done by Haldi's's fix

Thanks for the reply. I have been following this thread since day one every couple of hours lol.

There is nothing in Haldi's fix regarding vsync, mouse accel, FOV, removing depth of field etc..I know there are a million places to find this info by a google search but they all seem to contradict themselves. Some say to edit one file, others insist on 2 or 3 even 4 different locations.

I was just wondering if one file overwrites them all so I can edit in one spot only.

Thanks so much guys!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 03:12 

I might have found a solution/workaround for the green boxes being out of line.

I have a 21:9 monitor, and I was playing around with the ini to get the scope overlay to cover the edges of my screen, since by default it only covers a 16:9 area. I discovered that setting fDefaultFOV makes the scope overlay larger or smaller, without affecting the other fov settings.

A side effect of this is that it also changed the size of the green boxes. At fDefaultFOV=60 the green boxes mostly line up with their edges, and the scope covers the sides of the screen. I'm not sure if it changes anything besides those two, but it seems to be working for me so far.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 03:22 

latexyankee wrote:
MrGrim wrote:
latexyankee wrote:
First let me say thank you to everyone for the hard work. I have been following along and I'm planning to fire up the game for the first time tomorrow night. I'm trying to keep a list of everything I have to modify.

To use Haldi's fix, which ini do I edit? I remember NV and skyrim and I was constantly getting confused between the 2 fallout.ini and (I think) 2 falloutpref.ini files.

Is there just one location needed to edit the hud elements, vsync and mouse accel?

Latex if you go back to page 20 and 21 it is explained there. You're ini files that you'll be making scale changes to should be in your documents under my games/fallout 4.you should see the file. Everything else should be done by Haldi's's fix

Thanks for the reply. I have been following this thread since day one every couple of hours lol.

There is nothing in Haldi's fix regarding vsync, mouse accel, FOV, removing depth of field etc..I know there are a million places to find this info by a google search but they all seem to contradict themselves. Some say to edit one file, others insist on 2 or 3 even 4 different locations.

I was just wondering if one file overwrites them all so I can edit in one spot only.

Thanks so much guys!

My collection is pretty accurate, I am using most of them just fine: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/107/?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 03:45 

So I'm running at 5760 x 1080, added the new interfaces file, changed the stuff in the Fallout4.ini [Interface] section....But my Pip screen is all smashed in. Did I miss something?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 77  Next