Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 23:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 04:48 

So excuse me....does NO ONE here have THIS issue of a BLACK line going across their screen (WIDESCREEN Users - NOT Eyefinity people)

I have SLI enabled (though the game doesn't use SLI at all) and I have updated drivers. FYI I turned off EVERYTHING In the options (ultra low) and it only happens at this resolution of 3440x1440. Not lower. If I play with Ultra settings below this resolution (1440p) doesn't happen either. Basically trying to say its not settings related so lets not go there.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 04:51 
Administrators
Administrators

It looks like this is happening in aspect ratios over 16:9. Are you using Nvidia by any chance?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 04:59 

Yup. NVIDIA and over 16:9. Changing it to 16:9 fixes it but...then I get those black bars

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 05:12 

X1XNobleX1X wrote:
You can do it!!!!

Fix it for all of us!

HA! I wouldn't count on that. :)

Also I figured out that editing that value I posted about earlier does center the loading screen elements but then throws the HUD out of wack..

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 06:08 
I Donated
I Donated

I've already checked, and Fallout 4 does not have any SLI bits. If anyone wants to try (since I don't have my copy yet, and won't play until it's ready to go), you should use nVidia Inspector and use the Skyrim SLI bits into the Fallout 4 SLI profile: 0x42C80005 (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim). I've also heard that the Fallout 3/New Vegas SLI work as well: 0x42800005 (Fallout - New Vegas, Fallout 3)

Paste that into the SLI compatibility bits section. (There's two of them, paste them on both fields.) Don't forget to go to the "NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering" section and set it to SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_FOUR, then the SLI mode to SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2. Do that for both fields.

EDIT: Don't forget to unlock the Frame Rate. Looks like it was locked on launch:
[url]
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1447077828[/url]

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 06:47 

Amon Amarth wrote:
I've already checked, and Fallout 4 does not have any SLI bits. If anyone wants to try (since I don't have my copy yet, and won't play until it's ready to go), you should use nVidia Inspector and use the Skyrim SLI bits into the Fallout 4 SLI profile: 0x42C80005 (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim). I've also heard that the Fallout 3/New Vegas SLI work as well: 0x42800005 (Fallout - New Vegas, Fallout 3)

Paste that into the SLI compatibility bits section. (There's two of them, paste them on both fields.) Don't forget to go to the "NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering" section and set it to SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_FOUR, then the SLI mode to SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2. Do that for both fields.

EDIT: Don't forget to unlock the Frame Rate. Looks like it was locked on launch:
[url]
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1447077828[/url]

I'm confused. Are you trying to say the game doesn't take advantage of SLI? Also it wasn't locked for me. I got over 60 fps.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 07:02 
I Donated
I Donated

TheWitcher wrote:
I'm confused. Are you trying to say the game doesn't take advantage of SLI? Also it wasn't locked for me. I got over 60 fps.

Yes. I've installed the latest drivers today, and took a look at the Fallout 4 profile via nVidia Inspector, and there's no SLI bits or SLI mode enabled. So SLI users are going to have to try different SLI bits to get it working.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 07:04 

I did FALLOUT 3 SLI bits. Works wonders. Also...can we keep this on the subject of WIDE SCREEN. I'm having the biggest issue (top of this thread) as you can see. Big fucking line in the middle.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 07:28 
Administrators
Administrators

TheWitcher wrote:
I did FALLOUT 3 SLI bits. Works wonders. Also...can we keep this on the subject of WIDE SCREEN. I'm having the biggest issue (top of this thread) as you can see. Big fucking line in the middle.

Mate you're in the multi-monitor gaming forum, so we're primarily discussing multi-monitor problems but willing to discuss other issues also.

And we know you have a problem there, and we've characterised it as being on Nvidia systems with an aspect ratio wider than 16:9. Until someone can come up with a fix, you'll either have to be patient or play it at 16:9 for now. We (as a community) are doing our best but things like that can take a while to sort out.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 07:29 
I Donated
I Donated

TheWitcher wrote:
Also...can we keep this on the subject of WIDE SCREEN.

SLI is often paired with Multi-monitor gaming. This is no way off-topic.

I realize the issue with the line spanning accross your screen. It is likely that Surround suffers from the same problem. Unless Hayden or someone else can somehow come up with a fix for that, the solution is on Bethesda's end and will require a patch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 77  Next