Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015, 07:09 

So ironically seems as my 4 dell 30" are in recall.

Now I am left with buying a new monitor. Ideally I wanted to wait until the new OLED displays came out next month but I am in the need for something now.

What do you guys recommend in your opinion? Should I stay and get another Dell 30" x4, Get the new Dell 34" Curved screen 3440x1440 21x9? Or do you have another suggestion? I really liked the idea of Gsync and a high refresh rate but I need something to use in the meantime while I am waiting.

I saw a sale on the Dell 30" for about $1100 so I could snag one, but the new 34" Dells are on sale at Amazon for $1k

Really would appreciate any help!

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2015, 01:26 

So after much debate I am debating if I should just say Screw waiting for the Acer. Screw my 4 Dell 3014 that had some liquid into them and get this puppy.

Anyone here get two of them? If so is it unplayable in Surround with 2? I guess whats holding me back is I got so used to almost 60-72" diagonal with my 4 30" in portrait. What do you guys think? Is it even worth considering 2 or better to just use one and adjust. Gaming and movie wise it looks good, it just looks like it will be a bit off with 2.

I already am used to a curved screen as you can see in this photo I had my far left far right monitor slightly curved in with the two in the center. The bezels sat in front and behind to minimize them to 1"

Also how thin is the bezel on this puppy?
Spoiler:

=