Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 01:47 

I have a 20-30-20 PLP monitor setup and I use Windowed borderless gaming to span across all three screens. Everything works fantastic with drivers Geforce 332.21 and previous and I use WBG with practically all of my games to span 4960x1600. however if I download any newer geforce driver the left 20 inch portrait monitor mirrors the right 20 inch portrait monitor (Only in Gaming) instead of properly spanning across all screens at 4960x1600 like it does with 332.21. I thought it might be WBG so I downloaded ShiftWindow and have the same results; works fantastic with 332.21 however the left monitor mirrors the right monitor with any newer driver.

The simple solution was to not update drivers however I'm buying Far Cry 4 and will need to update the drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 19:08 
Insiders
Insiders

I am interested, did the latest drivers fix the problem? Or is PLP completely busted for you? Have you posted in Geforce forum? Very bad bug.

I have 3 sub-par ideas:

1. Did you attempt clean driver install? (including Driver Fusion, may clear out something mismatched)

2. Have you tried running your sides on VGA? Just to see if it works, & might look good enough. VGA is sometimes more forgiving, but not sure it will fill your sides right.

3. In a few months, PLP gamers will likely have access to Eyefinity support. If your graphics card(s) getting bit old, you could change camps. AMD is promising Eyefinity mixed rotation support in their bleeding fresh cards, starting with R9 285 (though it does not actually work yet, failed PLP testing).

By the way, Far Cry 4 does not spread in manual PLP. Very disappointing, as Far Cry 3 did.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2015, 07:11 

1- I used DDU to make sure a clean install of the new driver was installed.
2- I tried both DVI and Hdmi on the side monitors with no luck.
3- yes thank you. I was following your 285 thread in the hopes you got the Plp setup working with eyefinity as I was going to instantly switch over. I'm following a club3d thread (maybe yours not sure); I'm going to hold off on buying any new games and enjoy my current games with the old nvidia driver. As soon as I hear someone has successfully got this working i'm going to make the switch. (May wait for the 300 series)
It seems as my situation is unique as I can't find anyone with a similar problem. Thank you for the ideas!
Ryan