Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2014, 23:45 

Let's hope Nvidia will add support for this kind of setup soon !

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2014, 17:12 

CY:G wrote:
I ordered the monitor hoping for the best, and it works, you need the new Beta drivers from AMD, but after some config, it handles it perfectly, just adding black bars to the outside monitors.

Only tried Dark Souls 2, hoping other games handle the 6400 * 1080 resolution this good.

Hey CY:G, what did you think of the 6400x1080 setup? Thinking very hard on getting a 29" monitor for the middle of my eyefinity setup, it's about the same height, but damn, they certainly have a big width, wondering how it 'feels', also, I'm seriously worried about game support for 6400x1080, no point in getting one if most games won't support it.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2014, 14:53 

Sorry for the late reply, been busy.

Ok so I tried what someone suggested earlier, which is expand the center monitor so that I get no black bars in the outside screens and IT WORKS, AMD actually handles it correctly, Im sorry I dont have any pictures but it does work. The new resultion is 6400 * 1200

It looks incredible but of course anything that would be in the middle bottom monitor gets cut off, not a big deal for some games, but a huge deal in others, really depends.

@Goethe

As for recommending this setup, I cant comfortably tell you to get it yet, let me try some more games, so far I have tried:

Dark Souls 2: Works, and its incredibly immersive (Using Flawless Widescreen)
Euro Truck Sim 2: Works but need to use the mode where you get the black bars in the outside screen because the menu puts stuff in the middle/bottom monitor, might get fixed with some sort of UI Mod. (Native, no fixers)
Sonic and All stars racing transformed: Works, beautiful (Using Flawless Widescreen)
GRID 2: Works, awesome (Native, no fixers)
Counter Strike Global Offensive: Works but the UI draws huge in the outer screens, which is an issue in normal triple screen setups. (Native, no fixers)

I need to test more games, but Im also afraid that some games might not work, we will see, if you do end up getting this setup, you have to go into it with the mindset that, some games that get Triple screen patched might not work in our setup, so you need to play in 21:9 (which is awesome in itself), but at this point I think more games support Triple screen than 21:9, and if all else fails you are back to playing at 16:9.

I cant comfortably say this setup is superior to 3 * 16:10, simply because of compatibility, when it works, it easily blows it out of the water, what games do you play the most?

I will be taking more pictures today.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 00:00 

Ok so I tried what someone suggested earlier, which is expand the center monitor so that I get no black bars in the outside screens and IT WORKS, AMD actually handles it correctly, Im sorry I dont have any pictures but it does work. The new resultion is 6400 * 1200

It looks incredible but of course anything that would be in the middle bottom monitor gets cut off, not a big deal for some games, but a huge deal in others, really depends.

@Goethe

As for recommending this setup, I cant comfortably tell you to get it yet, let me try some more games, so far I have tried:

Euro Truck Sim 2: Works but need to use the mode where you get the black bars in the outside screen because the menu puts stuff in the middle/bottom monitor, might get fixed with some sort of UI Mod. (Native, no fixers)
Sonic and All stars racing transformed: Works, beautiful (Using Flawless Widescreen)
Counter Strike Global Offensive: Works but the UI draws huge in the outer screens, which is an issue in normal triple screen setups. (Native, no fixers)

I need to test more games, but Im also afraid that some games might not work, we will see, if you do end up getting this setup, you have to go into it with the mindset that, some games that get Triple screen patched might not work in our setup, so you need to play in 21:9 (which is awesome in itself), but at this point I think more games support Triple screen than 21:9, and if all else fails you are back to playing at 16:9.

I cant comfortably say this setup is superior to 3 * 16:10, simply because of compatibility, when it works, it easily blows it out of the water, what games do you play the most?

Well, lately I'm all about Archeage, which has native support for Eyefinity, other games that I play(much less) are BF4, and games like Watch Dogs, GTA I'm dying to get, lately playing Deus Ex, the last one with native support.

Finally found a decent support for three monitors, and it supports up to 29" screens, currently using 3 of 24", also the 29" ultra-wide, are indeed very ultraaaaa-wide...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2014, 18:04 

Goethe wrote:

@Goethe

Well, lately I'm all about Archeage, which has native support for Eyefinity, other games that I play(much less) are BF4, and games like Watch Dogs, GTA I'm dying to get, lately playing Deus Ex, the last one with native support.

Finally found a decent support for three monitors, and it supports up to 29" screens, currently using 3 of 24", also the 29" ultra-wide, are indeed very ultraaaaa-wide...

Thats a really cool setup, how much did that stand run you?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2015, 14:04 

Boulard83 wrote:
Let's hope Nvidia will add support for this kind of setup soon !

Amen.

Just joined the 16:9/21:9/16:9 club a few days ago, with a pair of GTX 970s in SLI. Upgraded from a 290 before I got the third monitor at Christmas.

Was a little disappointed to learn mixed resolution support isn't available in Surround. Surround works, if I don't mind the ultrawide running in 1920*1080, but, as it turns out, I do mind it just a little bit...