Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Space Engineers
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 16:21 

Just wanted to see if anyone is playing Space Engineers, I have been playing it for a couple months now and barely play anything else.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/

It's an amazing game, it's like minecraft in space with physics and a Voxel Engine.
You should all take a look, it is a blast to play, takes a bit to get going, but once you do you won't stop. Keep in mind you are in space and the main space rule applies, a body in motion will stay in motion until affected by an outside source. Well unless this isn't they type of game for you.

Anywho, It is still being developed, and it could really use some better widescreen support. The onscreen labels of objects doesn't go over to the left and right monitors. It would be really awesome if they would adopt the player camera for each monitor method (like iRacing). It would make the game so much more immersive.

I have started a thread on the forums in steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/di ... 788434289/ ) about adding more multimonitor support, I believe that if enough people ask for it they will implement it. This Dev really pays attention to what the community is saying and asking for. So I am asking for your help if you enjoy this game and would like it to be that much better.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Space Engineers
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 12:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Thats interesting to hear, because I picked the game up when it was first released and the triple screen support was flawless:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/di ... 882736246/

I guess I'll jump in to have another look - but considering I gained a response from the devs when I posted that back in October last year - hopefully it's something they are keeping an eye on. Things like this tend to happen through development, and for some reason affect how the engine scales etc (Spacebase DF-9 was good, now it is also broken).

Post subject: Re: Space Engineers
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2014, 16:38 

Nice you even got a response from Marek Rosa

That is interesting, I didn't think they had done any work to make it work with Multiple screens. This gives me hope... I want to play the game with Bezel adjustments but I miss portions of the words for the HUD, and It's kinda annoying when trying to figure out how fast I am travelling or how many thrusters I still have left while mining.

The skewing that I was seeing is the biggest problem, however is seems like I can fix that myself. Although I would love it if they just did what iRacing is doing. I do understand that unless the engine they use was created with that type of multi monitor support in mind it will probably be too big of a change to the game. Oh well I am still hoping for the perfect experience, I love that game. So far since I got it, it's mostly the only game I play. Heck on the weekend I was playing even though I was a little tired, ended up falling asleep at the helm of my 25 drill mining ship, then suddenly got woken up by the right side sparking and making the whole ship explode. Only parts that were left was 6 drills and the cockpit with thrusters. It was great, need to build me a new mining ship though, was thinking about doing a large mining ship.

What is the term for the type of widescreen that iRacing does? The one ingame camera per screen type?

You should also post on the thread I created on the steam forums for space engineers. We need to give the Dev's attention if anything is going to be considered, and they will only consider if there is a community behind it.