Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2014, 14:02 

I've been running through my games list for my EyefinityDS(Double screen) to see which games can be supported and can't be for this display set up.

Games list(WiP)
League of Legends: Native, Eyefinity UI fix doesn't seem to work correctly.
Vindictus: Native, Screen Tearing on one monitor fix: Select Custom, Resolution, then Full screen, Enable vsync and use ToastX's Custom Resolution Utility to ensure both monitors are running at the exact same settings(refresh rates and all settings must match).
WildStar: Native
Guild Wars 2: Native
TERA: Native
Tomb Raider 2013: Native with certain settings: Set game to window mode, Disable fullscreen, Select Window size Maximized, Monitor Aspect ratio to Auto.
Eden Eternal: Native, select in prelaunch settings.
Mirror's Edge: Flawless Widescreen required: Open flawless widesceen and install plug in then Launch game.
No fix for animated cinematics.

BattleField 3, will be testing today.
More games to come. I'll test out games I don't own if anyone is willing to donate a copy.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 05:06 
Insiders
Insiders

These games all have the issue with having a bezel down the middle of the viewport.

Burnout Paradise and Supreme Commander are the only games I can think of that really allow the use of two monitors.

supreme Commander:

Burnout Paradise:

Example of Wrong:

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 05:22 

suiken_2mieu wrote:
These games all have the issue with having a bezel down the middle of the viewport.

Yes Im well aware...
This thread isn't to contest it's to show the supported games...
I'm not doing anything wrong and I'd prefer if you didn't treat me like that.

[quote name="inedenimadam" url="/t/591413/official-ati-amd-eyefinity-club/3600_100#post_22622817"]
Not gonna lie here, I dont think I could ignore the bezel in the middle, with the crosshair being split in many games. I could see in a top down scrolling camera view being alright with it I guess. I think the curved screens is where it is going to go next. 48x10 aspect ratio on a 55" curved would be schweet.[/quote]
You just have to learn to focus beyond the bezel.

I love a monitor that was 32:9 at 3200x900~3840x1080, but it'd have to be as small as they can make it it realistically. Big monitors have too little pixel density for me. That's why i keep picking up very small. Also the perspective is what matters not necessarily the actual physical span size.
Perspective and Pixel density>large physical size.

I wrote a bit on how getting past the center bezel works.

[...]
The 3rd monitor is a perspective too wide and warping, even with FoV changes.
Like i said your brain will acclimate. The problem is that you're intentionally focusing on the bezel and letting it get to you, instead of looking past it and letting your brain phase it out.
There's an interesting effect with the way the occular processing works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troxler's_fading
It's an associated function.
If you focus on the bezel you'll see the bezel, if you look past it and look at the image, the bezel disappears.
It's interesting, once I was playing vindictus and I went into a storm drain that had bars on it, i tried focusing on the bars and the bezel seemed to jump back out, because I was trying to see blackish bars on the screen.
The interesting thing is that you have to trust your brain and knowledge, and disbelieve your eyes. Eventually your brain learns to adapt and not directly see the bezel by not processing it in your vision.
If you think about the bezel, you're going to see the bezel, if you think about it being there then the jarring will occur.
If you try to look past the bezel, act like it's not there leave it out of your recognition, then you no longer react to it. Infact there's been some things some games where that bezel ill actually focus on it for a particular part for aiming accuracy. I did that with Mirrors edge at a part that I have never gotten right the first time. It was with this set up that I did it the first time and have never fallen off of the pipes.
Also minimizing the bezel does help a lot. The thinner the better.
If you turn on bezel compenstation you actually loose a bit of your picture and you can't learn to process it. turn it off and you see the whole picture.
You're damning yourself by thinking too much about the bezel, look beyond the bezel, don't believe it's there, and it goes away. You're approaching it wrong. Take your preconsieved notions and let it go, take your knowledge and focus. you'll get it.
This is the same way that pilots learn to fly aircraft with a lot of obscuring instrumentation: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 003020.jpg
http://defence.pk/gallery/data/648/medi ... ckpit1.jpg
Infact anytime I remember a game in EyefinityDS, I don't even remember the bezel being there.

Quote:
Troxler's fading, or the Troxler Effect, is an optical illusion affecting visual perception. When one fixates on a particular point for even a short period of time, an unchanging stimulus away from the fixation point will fade away and disappear. Recent research suggests that at least some portion of the perceptual phenomenon associated with Troxler's fading occurred in the brain.
Image i - In this example, the spots in the "lilac chaser" illusion fade away after several seconds when the black cross is stared at long enough. This leaves a grey background and the cross. Some viewers may notice that the moving space has faded into a moving blue-green spot, possibly with a short trail following it. Furthermore, moving one's eyes away from the image after a period of time may result in a brief, strong afterimage of a circle of green spots.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 09:43 
Editors
Editors

I applaud your effort, but is this list really needed ? In my view what works for classic Eyefinity/Surround and/or 21:9 UWS should work just as well for dual screen...
DS screenshots are awesome though ;)

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 11:16 

scavvenjahh wrote:
I applaud your effort, but is this list really needed ? In my view what works for classic Eyefinity/Surround and/or 21:9 UWS should work just as well for dual screen...
DS screenshots are awesome though ;)

Well I had to go and figure out how to get Tomb Raider to display properly in EyfinityDS. It's native build in expects a 3rd screen and they didn't implement a fully compatable eyefinity display setting.

So for games like that, this might be a useful thing to keep around. I may not be the only one who does this display set up.