Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 May 2024, 22:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Borderlands 1 fix?
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2014, 19:42 

Hi folks,

I wait til games go down to four or five buck specials on Steam before buying, so I'm just getting around to Borderlands. I downloaded the Config Editor mentioned on the WSGF page for Borderlands, but the most important fields (for FOV adjustment, hotkey bindings, etc.) are greyed out and not selectable for some reason.

Any current working fixes or ideas for the grey out?

(running in 6020x1080)

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Borderlands 1 fix?
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 23:06 
Insiders
Insiders

There used to be a fix in flawless widescreen but it was lost the big program update.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 17:43 

So nobody else is having the issue with the current fix being greyed out?

Otherwise, I wonder if there is a source to get on old copy of WSF that included the old fix.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 17:52 
Insiders
Insiders

If I remember correctly, even the old fix would do you no good. Borderlands 1 performs a regular check to see if you're injecting any code and will crash if you are. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason that no further development has been done on a triple-wide fix, but could be wrong.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 18:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey, just in case, here's a link to an old version of Flawless Widescreen Fixer that still has the Borderlands fix. Maybe it'll work better than I remember.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 19:47 
Insiders
Insiders

I already tried that, it will automatically update to the newest version which doesn't have the fix.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 19:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Go to Settings->Configuration. Uncheck the option to Check for Updates.

*Edit: The old Flawless Widescreen linked above appeared to work and did not auto-update on me. It detected Borderlands running, but the fix still didn't get applied. I tried manually enabling/disabling it while running Borderlands without any effect. So, I'm not sure how much good it does anyway. This was on the latest version of Borderlands downloaded from Steam today.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 21:34 

Bifurk8 wrote:
Go to Settings->Configuration. Uncheck the option to Check for Updates.

*Edit: The old Flawless Widescreen linked above appeared to work and did not auto-update on me. It detected Borderlands running, but the fix still didn't get applied. I tried manually enabling/disabling it while running Borderlands without any effect. So, I'm not sure how much good it does anyway. This was on the latest version of Borderlands downloaded from Steam today.

Hmmm… very interesting. Big thanks for the input and tinkering. That would make sense why it was taken off the FWS tool. I wonder what the issue is with the current fix listed on the WSGF page for Borderlands…

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 18:57 
Editors
Editors

As of today, the only greyed out option in BLCE 2.1.4 is 'Disable story introduction movies' (not sure why, probably an issue with DLC movies).

Did you run the game at least once ? All the config tool does is fiddle with ini files, so you have to make sure the game creates them first in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\my games\borderlands\WillowGame\Config\

Be warned though: custom FOV or not, Borderlands 1 sucks in MM due to too much Vert- contents. Even HaYDeN gave up on this game. And I played it in Tallscreen exclusively ! You've been warned...

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 21:46 

scavvenjahh wrote:
As of today, the only greyed out option in BLCE 2.1.4 is 'Disable story introduction movies' (not sure why, probably an issue with DLC movies).

Did you run the game at least once ? All the config tool does is fiddle with ini files, so you have to make sure the game creates them first in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\my games\borderlands\WillowGame\Config\

Be warned though: custom FOV or not, Borderlands 1 sucks in MM due to too much Vert- contents. Even HaYDeN gave up on this game. And I played it in Tallscreen exclusively ! You've been warned...

LOL... thanks for the warning! :D Yeah, I had played it once but everything is still greyed out for me on the bottom half. Mine is the steam version, and I read something about how it won't work with that because it is looking in the wrong places, others as always saying it shouldn't matter, etc.etc. Guess I'll just play it in single. BOO :cry: