Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 May 2024, 01:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Far Cry 3
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 10:08 
Insiders
Insiders

magoo25 wrote:
Recent rumors on Kotaku have it that Ubi will put out a patch soon to allow manipulation of the various HUD elements.

Hopefully we can get rid of those stupid tutiorial pop-ups and the constant reminder pop-ups about missions.

This should have been a day one inclusion.

Yeah hopefully with that patch and Hayden's fov fix (when its released) this game should be fantastic across 3 screens

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 10:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Running Nvidia 570's with latest beta drivers here and also getting the under water, off-center, darkened section of screen (that's supposed to be stretched across from corner to corner)

Framerate seems excellent though I haven't measured it.

Running Very High on first 4 video settings with the exception of Post Processing which is at low.

The rest of the settings are at High and the HDR lighting model is HDAO. I have multi-sampling and vertical sync turned off in-game and I have the Nvidia driver set to Adaptive multisampling 2x and Vertical sync to on (also in the NVCP)

Game runs excellent and looks great aside from the very intrusive HUD and the utter lack of FOV which has already been covered in this thread.

Feels like you're playing looking through the slot of a cardboard box over your head.

I still have ACIII to play after finishing Hitman (<---wow I love this game) so I'm gonna wait till this gem is all fixed to really get in to it. Seems like it will be a great game.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 10:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Cinnabuns wrote:
Running Nvidia 570's with latest beta drivers here and also getting the under water, off-center, darkened section of screen (that's supposed to be stretched across from corner to corner)

Framerate seems excellent though I haven't measured it.

Running Very High on first 4 video settings with the exception of Post Processing which is at low.

The rest of the settings are at High and the HDR lighting model is HDAO. I have multi-sampling and vertical sync turned off in-game and I have the Nvidia driver set to Adaptive multisampling 2x and Vertical sync to on (also in the NVCP)

Game runs excellent and looks great aside from the very intrusive HUD and the utter lack of FOV which has already been covered in this thread.

Feels like you're playing looking through the slot of a cardboard box over your head.

I still have ACIII to play after finishing Hitman (<---wow I love this game) so I'm gonna wait till this gem is all fixed to really get in to it. Seems like it will be a great game.

I played the first mission of Hitman (haven't liked the series)...does it get better? It seemed alright, but I always feel like he moves like a robot. As for ACIII...again I haven't been able to get into the game due to interest, I still seem to purchase every single one....I like the time period in this one, I just hope it's good.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 14:50 
Insiders
Insiders

I didn't want to derail this thread and I don't want to be rude so...

Hitman ---> I play each level for hours. There are so many different ways to do things. I like the variety and creativity you can use in the game. The levels are great and some funny, the story is good.

AC3 ---> Not sure as I only fired it up to see how it worked. I was wandering around the ship and ended up playing the 2 board games in the cabin for like 3 hours. That part was fun at least. :)

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 23:21 

Running the game on 2xHD6970.
Runs really good - although I'm limiting the framerate to 30fps to get stable frametimes and consistent image. Got most of the stuff on high except for PostFX on Medium, Shadows Medium just to make sure it runs great.. (I can't tell the quality difference but it would run at high too)

I just had a really quick test regarding SSAO.

disabled SSAO I was getting (unlimited) 50-60fps on some outdoor place. It felt really smooth.

then I enabled SSAO back again SSAOLevel="6"
The game still ran around 40-55fps, haven't really been comparing 1:1. However it doesn't matter....those 50fps felt LAGGYish as hell. It was unplayable actually - hence I usually limit the fps to ~30fps to unload the GPUs in FC3. (works actually really well)

The SSAO is causing a lot of trouble for the GPU(s) on such resolution, lot's of different frametimes as it feels.
It was like without SSAO the grass has the same color everywhere, but I could be wrong.

Must go to bed now anyway.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 04:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Cinnabuns wrote:
I didn't want to derail this thread and I don't want to be rude so...

Hitman ---> I play each level for hours. There are so many different ways to do things. I like the variety and creativity you can use in the game. The levels are great and some funny, the story is good.

AC3 ---> Not sure as I only fired it up to see how it worked. I was wandering around the ship and ended up playing the 2 board games in the cabin for like 3 hours. That part was fun at least. :)

Yeah I don't want to derail the thread either, so I'll only reply by say thanks, and as for AC3 - I did the exact same thing! Stupid board games :P

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 17:35 

That new catalyst drivers and CAP release really improved performance. I am getting a steady 45-50 FPS @ 6000x1080 with all settings maxed and MSAA off. I also found that if I turn off vsync and turn GPU buffer up to 5 that stuttering is nearly non-existent. Before the catalyst drivers and CAP I was lucky to get 25-30 FPS.

My only complaint is the damn mini-map. It is huge and in the middle of my left screen and it covers the mission objectives box. In addition it appears all the pop-up boxes are too large for the resolution. Most of the boxes end up being off the top, or the bottom, of the screen making it difficult to play.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 23:41 

Yeah the hud is supper craptacular completely ruins the game for me, so I am waiting until a fix to continue playing it. I wonder how some people have the correct hud and some don't. Is possible to open someone's DLL files with correct hud with a hex editor then copy the data to a spread sheet then use a application like Beyond compare to spot the differences?

http://www.scootersoftware.com/download ... =v2hexview

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012, 02:19 

HaYDeN wrote:
Those with the HUD issues -> most likely running it in "Fullscreen Windowed" that's the only explanation I can think of - or maybe running it in some non-standard resolution that it doesn't like.

HaYDeN or anyone else, can you please fix the dynamic FOV to make it constant for gameplay\cutscenes\driving\climbing and other actions + fix arms\weapon fov do display arms not zoomed in with low fow, but to scaled to view for correctly and unzoomed (this will also fix cutscenes, driving etc) please?
I want FOV to stay the same all the time and want to see guns and arm properly scalled and unzoomed.

I described problem better in this picture:

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012, 02:37 
Editors
Editors

This game looks so great!

Especially without HUD!

Couldn't resist and stitched some Screenshots Together! New Wallpaper made!
Attachment:
FarCry 3.jpg
FarCry 3.jpg [ 1010.85 KiB | Viewed 4717 times ]

Original Picture here:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next