Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Far Cry 3
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2013, 20:43 
Insiders
Insiders

I dont use HDMI. I have even disabled sound cards on my graphic cards. Didnt help.

But I think its worth mentioning that Streched HUD occurs in Eyefinity in crossfrire setup only in Windows 8 - in Windows 7 everything works as it should.
I have tried to contact nUbisoft and theirs solution to the problem was... use win 7... Its kinda dissapointing - since i use win 7 for work only (to avoid distractions) and win8 purely for gaming.

Anyway - playing FC3 in win7 solved the problem 4 me

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 14:46 

Well,

it's been barely one and a half year since the release of this game and i'm still interested to play it. Until today the weird vertical fov scaling has prevented me from this and lot's of googling didn't bring up any working solution :-(

Meanwhile i've changed my system as i've bought new displays with a different resolution and new graphic cards but the HUD, minimap and "assignment" overlays are still screwed.

Of course i tried running flawless widescreen also but this didn't improve anything. I own lots of render power so i'd really like to play this game flawless...without disabling CF or dismiss Eyefinity.

So the question remains: Is there today a way to play FC3 running Crossfire and Eyefinity or not?

Actuall rig:
3x Acer FullHD IPS LED Panels (2x DVI, 1x active DP>DVI)
Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.0 GHz
Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2
16GB DDR3-2133 RAM
2x Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X Crossfire (Catalyst 13.12 WHQL)
Windows 8.1 x64

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014, 04:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I just played this (5760x1080 with CF HD 6970 x2) a few weeks ago, I had no problems with it. Worked fairly smoothly (especially since how aged my rig is). If there's any issues I bet it's related due to certain hardware configurations, not with AMD as a whole.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 05:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Recently got another 7970 and reinstalled this game. and I get the freaking huge HUD issue. No fourth display, so setting I've tried fixes it. Quite annoying. I just finished reading through this thread and tried all the ideas posted. Yay for modding. I only really wanted the map for finding items, anyways. Still, lame that it's still not fixed.

2x 7970
14.6 beta drivers
win7
game version 1.05

Lame.

But the game runs freaking great, I've been very impressed with how well the card scale in Xfire.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2014, 21:10 

Abram wrote:
Recently got another 7970 and reinstalled this game. and I get the freaking huge HUD issue. No fourth display, so setting I've tried fixes it. Quite annoying. I just finished reading through this thread and tried all the ideas posted. Yay for modding. I only really wanted the map for finding items, anyways. Still, lame that it's still not fixed.

2x 7970
14.6 beta drivers
win7
game version 1.05

Lame.

But the game runs freaking great, I've been very impressed with how well the card scale in Xfire.

I had the HUD issue on my old AMD setup - CF HD 6970s BE955 CPU. Recently built a new machine. i7 with CF 290xs. I bought Blood Dragon and to my pleasant surprise found out the HUD was scaled correctly. Tried standard FC3 and same with that too! Pretty pleased. Haven't actually read the whole thread so not sure if the reason has been clarified. Seems pretty random and linked to certain setups.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2014, 14:47 
Insiders
Insiders

I recently started playing FC3 again and found that I get a normal working HUD in Eyefinity unless I alt+tab out of the game and back in. Then my HUD becomes super-oversized and the only way to get it back to normal is to exit out of the game and restart. Not sure if that info will be of use to anybody trying to figure out why their HUD is wonky, but figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 07:32 
Insiders
Insiders

I got it fingered out.

I was pining about this problem to a friend whom also run 3 screens, adn when he asked about the connection types I used, I thought about swapping my cards around, which I was planning on doing anyway. With my DVi-DP-DVI display, I was previously using DVI - miniDP to DP - HDMI to DMI. The other cards lets me use DVI - DP - DVI. Now the game works and looks as it should. So yay. This card also allows me to finally use 3x1+1, which the old setup never allowed, fro some reason. yes, I still have to disable the overhead display for FC3 to work properly.

An odd and unexpected solution, but a solution nonetheless.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2014, 14:16 

Hello,

Just joined to concur the switching gpus solved my bloated HUD problem.
Tried for 2 days to fix it with all i could find online but software tinkering did nothing and even did a full win7 64bit reinstall because i thought maybe it had to do with which gpu i had in the primary slot on original win7 installation. But to no avail.

Switching Gpus again fixed the zoomed HUD problem but i am stumped as to why it wont work the other way round... Must be hardware config cause one of my 7950 msi twinfrz III cards is a non boost 6+6pin and the other is a 6+8 pin boost card, but other than that they are the 'same'. (The boost card in primary slot causes problem)

This also fixed the same problem i had with Tomb Raider 2013.

Unfortunately i am now forced to use my hotter card in the upper slot and even though both run @1050/1400 with the top card bareley breaking 70C degrees it now runs at 50% fan or slightly over and is getting in the too loud for comfort zone...

Also, i was having stutter problems even though reported FPS was 75 to 110+. In game Vsync did not fix this.
I noticed if i cap the frames to something just below my minimum framerate the game ran butter smooth albeit i now had unacceptable screentearing. Radeon Pro fixed my problem with dynamic vsync... although i have to say i am lucky that my minimum framerate is above my screens refreshrate which now means i can play the game buttersmooth in crossfire eyefinity @60 fps.

The only slight problem now remaining is that i have one screen running via miniDP to dvi and so with vsync i have a tear on this one screen.... Someday i'll switch all screens to Displayport to fix this minor nuisance...

[EDIT: I spoke too soon. Switching GPUS did fix HUD problem, but radeon pro and far cry 3 aren't playing nice... It seems for now that the very few dips in fps i get that are below my screen refreshrate make the game crash when using dynamic vsync in radeon pro... gonna do some testing by lowering game settings to asure i dont get framerate lower than 60 and see if that sorat fixes it... shame though, cause i'll haver les eyecandy... booo]

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2014, 11:20 

After being unable to get RadeonPro and Uplay/far cry 3 to work together i tried a few other things:

I got far cry 3 as smooth as i can get it and i'm no longer willing to put more time into tinkering but want to get to playing.
So here's what i did. (any questions about any of these 'fixes' i'll be happy to answer if possible)

- Switching GPU slots fixed zoomed HUD problem. (this also fixed similar problem with Tomb Raider 2013)

- I used d3droverrider to force vsync, with triple buffer off

- I used bandicam to cap framerate to something just below my screens refreshrate

- i use -disablepagefilecheck in a shortcut to the far cry 3 d3d11 exe. (startup steam and/or uplay first and then start the game with the shortcut) (not sure if this really does anything but i applied this 'fix' together with the next two items below)

- I manually set my pagefile between 1024MB and 6144MB, because with 16GB RAM windows was setting a pagefile of approx 24GB... :s (have not tried to play without a pagefile yet)

- I made sure my SSD settings were set for max performance through samsung magician (i have samsung drives) and unchecked indexing for my SSD's. Different settings to consider if u dont use magician software are prefetch/superfetch settings and write cache buffer and possibly others to enhance SSD performance.

The vsync and framerate cap only work when the min frames my gpus can push are above my screens refreshrate, otherwise it's back to major stutterfest or screentearing

Not sure if -disablepagefilecheck through far cry 3 d3d11 exe, unchecking indexing for SSD's or manually changing pagefile size finally got the game smooth enough for me to play or if it was a combination of those things, but hopefully someone else finds all of this usefull.

Last thing i did was to overclock my monitors to 72hz with atikmdag-patcher-1.3 and cru-1.1.2 and then set fps cap to around 68....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10