Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 00:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 02:21 

helifax wrote:
Have you tried with the latest plugin from here?
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

that is weird since...in the game normally after you select 5760x1200 the screens go completely black.
I know is a bit painful but you need to set 5760x1200 in all 3 locations (game, dsfix and wsf) Anyway, it shouldn't crash. I am also using the latest Steam version.
Try with the plugin from my page ( I know I added a couple of updates to it) and hopefully it will work;))

Also, I never tried in window mode or stuff like this (forced from dsfix). I would download dsfix again and just modify the internal rendering resolution and leave the rest as default. After it works I would play around to see what options are working and which aren't:)

It was a combination of plugin (even though I only d/l'd it recently, I had the 12/12/13 plug rather than the 21/12/13), windowed mode and using the bezel corrected rez in WSF.

In non windowed mode, you can't see any native resolutions higher than 2042x1080 (or something like that).

Just wondering, if I set all 3 resolutions to 6080x, it should recognise then and allow bezel correction?

Now to get the mouse fix working (looks like my thief is twerking on PCP trying to use the bastard thing)!

Thanks for all your help mate, paypal incoming. :cheers:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 19:39 

Still trying to get this working. I have all the resolutions set correctly, but can't find out what I'm doing wrong now (I used to use these all the time before).

I have all the latest stuff (except DsFix), and most of the time the game just crashes when I launch it if WSF is running. I changed the fullscreen res in the .ini file for the game (the one in \appdata) to match bezel corrected.

Should I be in windowed/fullscreen/borderless fullscreen? I guess I'm just all confused now. Been trying to fix this for a while with no success.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 03:09 

I got the game to load up. I can create a character and run through the initial video (dragons and fire and what not), but when I load the actual character itself I get a white screen and then a game crash.

Here is what I've done to get this far:

1. DSFix 2.2 with resolution set to my bezel adjusted resolution (5908x1080).
2. Widescreen Fixer 3.4 r682 with Dark Souls patch downloaded tonight.
3. WSGF settings to manual: 3 monitors, Uncorrected 5760x1080, Corrected 5908x1080 (both of which are numbers I pulled from my control center).
4. Changed in game resolution to 5760x1080.
5. When crash first happened, went into game .ini file (in my user folder) and manually changed that to 5908x1080, with the same problem.
6. Tried bringing my DSFix.ini back to defaults except DSM redirect and the resolution change.

What am I missing? I'm very new to multimonitor stuff, so sorry if it's something obvious and I missed it while reading through the forums.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 03:25 

I got Dark Souls to load a game finally, but there is a minor problem. Though my HUD is spread across all 3 screens, my actual view of my character and the world surrounding him only fills the upper lefthand corner of my farthest left screen, the rest being black.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 16:08 

Dionesios wrote:
I got the game to load up. I can create a character and run through the initial video (dragons and fire and what not), but when I load the actual character itself I get a white screen and then a game crash.

Here is what I've done to get this far:

1. DSFix 2.2 with resolution set to my bezel adjusted resolution (5908x1080).
2. Widescreen Fixer 3.4 r682 with Dark Souls patch downloaded tonight.
3. WSGF settings to manual: 3 monitors, Uncorrected 5760x1080, Corrected 5908x1080 (both of which are numbers I pulled from my control center).
4. Changed in game resolution to 5760x1080.
5. When crash first happened, went into game .ini file (in my user folder) and manually changed that to 5908x1080, with the same problem.
6. Tried bringing my DSFix.ini back to defaults except DSM redirect and the resolution change.

What am I missing? I'm very new to multimonitor stuff, so sorry if it's something obvious and I missed it while reading through the forums.

Dark Souls is one of the most annoying games to get working in multi-monitor. I would set the in-game resolution to match your bezel-corrected resolution, so that the resolution in all the places matches. Double check that AA is disabled in the game settings. And you downloaded the latest plugin from Hellifax?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 17:32 

I got it working. Thank you. I was just being an idiot.

Apparently there was something in my dsfix that I didn't know I'd changed, so I started with a fresh one, and got it to load up. Then I went back and read the instructions again and realized I'd turned on AA and such in the game. Seeing as how it was 2 hours between when I started trying to get it to work and when I actually did, I'd forgotten that step. Lastly I realized in my darksoul.ini that I'd changed the windowed mode res, not the full screen mode res, but I was able to change it in game to 5908 or w/e my bezzel res was. I appreciate the help, though.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 22:38 

Glad you got it sorted out!

Dark Souls is one of the most frustrating games to get working in multi-monitor. Most games are real easy, but Dark Souls took me three attempts with a fresh install each time. Dark Souls really makes you work for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014, 08:30 

Hello! I hate to beat a dead horse but I have spent the better part of 5 hours trying to get this to work. I have freshly installed my Dark souls game, Manually changed fullscreen resolution in /appdata to 3864x1080 (I am using two 1920x1080 monitors, and beveled resolution is 3864), changed internal rendering in dsfix.ini to 3864x1080, and have the new widescreen fixer downloaded along with the plugin from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html. I have changed the uncorrected resolution to 3840x1080, the beveled resolution to 3864x1080, and put in 2 monitors. When I start the game, I do see a stretched out fire in the bottom left of my first monitor but the screen goes black while I can hear all game menu sounds. When I get to the load character screen, everything becomes visible and it is very stretched. When I finally get into game, If I press my * (default WSF activation key) a couple times then I can get the menus to eventually show up, however they are stretched across both of my monitors. I can not figure out how the heck to scale the hud! Please someone offer me your services!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 02:01 

I just wanted to say that I have the majority of the fix working. The game boots up and everything works, with the only exception being that the hud is not scaled and is quite stretched out. I have my bezel resolution in dsfix.ini, darksouls and in WSF. the thing that made it all work was putting just 1 monitor into WSF instead of the 2 I have. any tips on the hud scaling would be great!

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 15:48 

I have been following this thread with great interest, since I've had a similar problem since late December/ early January running 5760x1080 Nvidia GPUs. My symptom is when launching DS with WSF open I crash to a white screen. I have realized finally after unsuccessfully employing all the fixes recommended that I that I have been making a rookie mistake so basic that I should be thrown off the island! If you notice on the WSF option section in the upper right corner you can select which DS:PTD version, retail or Steam. Until recently the choices were the retail December 2012 patch or the presumably the current Steam load. Now I see the choices have changed to Steam 1.01, 1.02 or 1.03. Since only one line shows without highlighting I just noticed the previous selection I made, which was Steam 1.01, thinking that was the only choice. DUHHHHH :) ! I switched to v1.03 and the Halifax fixes and DS now runs like a champ.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next