Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 21:28 

Not surprising, but sad nonetheless.

How is this sad??? It means that the game should be easy to mod to triplehead for someone experienced.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 22:44 
Insiders
Insiders

It's just sad that developers continue to wallow in their own ignorance and mediocrity. I don't mean that as an affront to From Software in particular. I applaud them for publicly admitting that they weren't confident in their ability to produce a quality PC port. I can't think of any US developer that would have the humility and honesty to admit their own limitations. Especially prior to a major release. Kudos on From Software for that, at least!

It's just sad that properly implementing horizontal+ user-defined resolutions isn't taken seriously by a large segment of developers when it is relatively easy to do so. If you don't know how to do it, find someone who does! Hire them on as a consultant if you can't afford them as a full time employee. It's galling that plenty of small developers "accidentally" implement hor+ but that AAA games are regularly released with major multi-monitor flaws (I'm looking at you, Bethesda!) I find it incomprehensible that so many developers aren't at all interested in multi-monitor gaming. Why would any PC game studio NOT spring for at least one mutli-monitor rig for testing? It's not really expensive from a hardware standpoint or from a development time standpoint.

I suppose it comes down to opportunity costs for some developers. Maybe for some folks it's just a job rather than a passion or hobby . Still, I'd rather buy games from developers that are passionate about providing the best experience because they love what they do. Those are the folks that are leading the cutting edge and supporting cool toys like TrackIR, TripleHead, Eyefinity, NVSurround, Novint Falcon, Oculus Rift, etc. Who cares if only a minority of your users will benefit from this tech? It's damn cool and I'll be more enthused about your games if you show the same enthusiasm!

*Edit: So, I called out Bethesda 'cause I'm still bitter that I can't read terminal or Pipboy fonts nor properly looks through scopes in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas in Eyefintiy. But really, Epic is the one who deserves the most shame. They're schilling their Unreal engines left and right with vert- behavior. For shame, Epic, for shame!

Post subject: The patch for unlocking
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 00:39 

The patch for unlocking resolution is out:

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 00:54 
I Donated
I Donated

Now, will this make the game also display other resolutions? (Besides internal, I mean.)

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 01:22 
Insiders
Insiders

The fix includes a file named DSfix.ini that has renderWidth = 1920 and renderHeight=1080. Hopefully those can be set to whatever resolutions we please. Here's hoping!

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 01:31 
I Donated
I Donated

Lol, it looks like I can make the game display at 5760x1200, however the screen is completely black in fullscreen.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 01:42 

I mentioned that it is sad because they could have notified NAMCO BANDAI who could have sent someone over there for an hour and fixed the resolution issue. Yet they have been working on this port for months.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 02:52 
I Donated
I Donated

Apparently the user "Varna" in this forum, is running the game on surround at 4096x2304: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240&page=16

Could be faking it, or he could be doing something that wasn't obvious to me!

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 08:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Apparently the user "Varna" in this forum, is running the game on surround at 4096x2304: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240&page=16

Could be faking it, or he could be doing something that wasn't obvious to me!

Yeah I'm hearing you, I can't get it to run @ 5760x1080 - I just get a black screen. I found the ini file you can adjust the settings, but I've tried fooling around with it and still have no success. Any of the brilliant minds looking at this also?

Spoonie

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 11:21 
Insiders
Insiders

WHAAT?? the game is out and NOW I FIND OUT???:)))) hehe
will look into it:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next