Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015, 20:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Interesting...
I didn't expect people to actually be really interested in this game so much (I even get e-mails regarding the fix).
Currently I have a very busy schedule so the only ETA I can give is "It will be done eventually".... Eventually means I don't know when...
Don't get me wrong or anything but you are asking me to go back and update a plugin that I wrote like 2 years ago which suffered an overhaul lately.
Doing this takes time and I don't get any benefit from it, while the time actually spent on my projects makes me money...
Take it as you want.
I am all PRO for open-source and community helping and so on but not on my time and on "my wallet" ;))

So, It will be done...eventually:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 16:40 

helifax wrote:
Interesting...
I didn't expect people to actually be really interested in this game so much (I even get e-mails regarding the fix).
Currently I have a very busy schedule so the only ETA I can give is "It will be done eventually".... Eventually means I don't know when...
Don't get me wrong or anything but you are asking me to go back and update a plugin that I wrote like 2 years ago which suffered an overhaul lately.
Doing this takes time and I don't get any benefit from it, while the time actually spent on my projects makes me money...
Take it as you want.
I am all PRO for open-source and community helping and so on but not on my time and on "my wallet" ;))

As someone with a family this makes complete sense.

What amount would be appropriate remuneration for your services here? I might start a fund drive with other members here to get Dark Souls 1 and 2 fixed.

Thanks

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 17:28 
Insiders
Insiders

CY:G wrote:
helifax wrote:
Interesting...
Take it as you want.

What amount would be appropriate remuneration for your services here? I might start a fund drive with other members here to get Dark Souls 1 and 2 fixed.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong or anything;)) It might have sounded a bit weird. Thing is I am committed to other projects currently (with a dead-line) and I can't afford not to meet those timers. I will give it a quick look over the weekend and if is an easy fix/update I will do it and release it;))
If not, it will need to wait a bit more unfortunately.
If you or anyone else wants to donate, me and all others welcome donations. My Paypal account is as always in my signature;)
I wanted to say this since I don't want to give the impression that I am asking for money to update a fix that I've already released in the past as free:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 17:33 

helifax wrote:
helifax wrote:
Interesting...
Take it as you want.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong or anything;)) It might have sounded a bit weird. Thing is I am committed to other projects currently (with a dead-line) and I can't afford not to meet those timers. I will give it a quick look over the weekend and if is an easy fix/update I will do it and release it;))
If not, it will need to wait a bit more unfortunately.
If you or anyone else wants to donate, me and all others welcome donations. My Paypal account is as always in my signature;)
I wanted to say this since I don't want to give the impression that I am asking for money to update a fix that I've already released in the past as free:)

Thank you so much Helifax, here is hoping the work is minimal since you have done the fix in the past :)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 01:43 

agreed -- very much appreciated, Helifax!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 10:14 
Insiders
Insiders

I managed to give it a quick look (around 15 minutes) in the weekend and was able to update 50% of the fix. I still need to update the HUD centering part (which is the most complicated stuff in the fix anyway). I will try to give it a look in the following days and hopefully will not take long to fix it;))

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:46 

helifax wrote:
I managed to give it a quick look (around 15 minutes) in the weekend and was able to update 50% of the fix. I still need to update the HUD centering part (which is the most complicated stuff in the fix anyway). I will try to give it a look in the following days and hopefully will not take long to fix it;))

You are an angel, thank you so much, im pretty sure this is the last time you will ever have to touch this game, and it will be preserved forever for ultra widescreen!

Thanks!

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 02:27 

helifax wrote:

You are an angel, thank you so much, im pretty sure this is the last time you will ever have to touch this game, and it will be preserved forever for ultra widescreen!

Thanks!

+1

can't thank you enough helifax

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 10:08 

helifax wrote:

Thanks!

+2

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 15:48 
Insiders
Insiders

OK,
I've managed to finish updating the fix.
You can grab it from my website here : http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html
As before it require DSFix, etc...
It requires the latest version of DS from Steam (with SteamWorks).

Hope it works for everyone;))

Cheers!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next