Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 17:48 

The move to steamworks broke a bunch of mods, namely DSFix. A lot of them have already been patched though. It shouldn't require any real changes, just addressing offsets.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 01:14 
I Donated
I Donated

I beleive Helifax has to update the Widescreen Fixer plugin. Hopefully soon? :nudgenudge:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 06:25 

I dont think that Helifax is having much time to visit the forum.
His last visit was at 14 Dec 2014, 15:30 (and same to HaYDeN - Last visit: 27 Nov 2014, 05:16).

Let us be patients.
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 12:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Amon Amarth wrote:
I beleive Helifax has to update the Widescreen Fixer plugin. Hopefully soon? :nudgenudge:

I will take a look at the plugin/fix this week and see if I can update it;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 18:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Plugin has been updated to current version of the game. Sorry for the wait:(

Grab it from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html
:rockout:

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 18:31 

helifax wrote:
Plugin has been updated to current version of the game. Sorry for the wait:(

Grab it from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html
:rockout:

Thank you, master helifax! :D :wave:

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 22:34 

You are true to your words for sure. Even though I'm not up and running yet, I'm donating.

If someone can confirm this is working, please post. I have spent several hours working on the notorious "black screen" problem.

Things I've tried:
I have read the entire forum thread
WSF versions (r729, r662),
clean installs of Dark Souls without DSfix
clean install of DS with latest DSFix 2.3.1 (DSFix works fine BTW, disabled HUD mods as recommended)
Fullscreen bezel corrected
Windowed bezel corrected
I've tried DS with GFWL
I've tried DS Beta with Steamworks

No matter what I do, My WSF doesn't recognize the game is running (if I alt tab out an view it, "game running: no, fix enabled: no." ) Therefore, black screen, but I can hear the game running in the background.

BTW, I use StarDock Fences to manage my icons in surround. Is this a bad idea? It doesn't cause trouble elsewhere as far as I can tell.

One last question, I'm using 3 samsung HDTVs, with HDMI to display port adaptors. Is this a troublesome setup?

Windows 8.1, Surround 5888x1080, GTX 980 SC SLI, i7 3770 @4.4mhz

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 00:13 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
You are true to your words for sure. Even though I'm not up and running yet, I'm donating.

If someone can confirm this is working, please post. I have spent several hours working on the notorious "black screen" problem.

Things I've tried:
I have read the entire forum thread
WSF versions (r729, r662),
clean installs of Dark Souls without DSfix
clean install of DS with latest DSFix 2.3.1 (DSFix works fine BTW, disabled HUD mods as recommended)
Fullscreen bezel corrected
Windowed bezel corrected
I've tried DS with GFWL
I've tried DS Beta with Steamworks

No matter what I do, My WSF doesn't recognize the game is running (if I alt tab out an view it, "game running: no, fix enabled: no." ) Therefore, black screen, but I can hear the game running in the background.

BTW, I use StarDock Fences to manage my icons in surround. Is this a bad idea? It doesn't cause trouble elsewhere as far as I can tell.

One last question, I'm using 3 samsung HDTVs, with HDMI to display port adaptors. Is this a troublesome setup?

Windows 8.1, Surround 5888x1080, GTX 980 SC SLI, i7 3770 @4.4mhz

That is a weird thing... the "game is working" part should detect the game by the exe filename.
When the game is running do you see DATA.exe as part of your processes? (in Task Manager).

You should use WSF v.662 with this fix.
The fix only addresses the Dark Souls part that still works with the GWFL. (Didn't know there is a beta version).

The plugin is looking for DATA.EXE executable that is part of the game. Did you try to run WSF as administrator?
I haven't tried it on Windows 8.1 (I am still using Windows 7 since Windows 8.1 has serious problems with 3D Vision). That might also be a problem ? (But, it should still detect the EXE....)

Are you using a legit Steam Copy of the game?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 02:36 
I Donated
I Donated

Thanks for the fix heli!

It seems that if you have the framerate unlocked with DSfix version 2.3.1, the game will crash when you attempt to load a charecter and go in-game. Not sure why this is, but that's the only feature in DSfix that will crash the game.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 03:52 

Thanks for efforts Helifax.

DS is moving away from now defunct GFWL. From what I gather, come February, DS will no longer have GFWL attached at all. The beta represents the transition. Therefore, I imagine a fix for steamworks (presently the beta) would have more longevity than the GFWL version.

Legit steam copy. The executable is now called Darksouls.exe. I remember the old DATA.exe, but it seems to not exist with this latest update. Clearly that's where atleast part of my problem lies.

My christmas wish would be WSF working with steamworks DS with framerate unlock via DSfix. Thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next