Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 May 2024, 19:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 15:40 

I cannot seem to find the answer to this on the net so I'm going to hopefully get the feedback I require here.

I was considering 3 monitors but the ones I have will not support 3d . I was going to go three monitor using trackIR 5 and thought I could also
add 3d with the Nvidia package but now I realize the 3D part is not doable for sure with the monitors I have and I'm not sure now that it is possible at all even with the correct 120HZ monitors.

Maybe I could just go with one large 32" screen with 3D and TrackIR 5 to
get the virtual reality.

Please advise what is possible and what I need to achieve this goal .

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 18:31 

I have running 3dvision, triplehead2go, and three monitors. I can tell you right now that it works. :)

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 20:53 

I have running 3dvision, triplehead2go, and three monitors. I can tell you right now that it works. :)

WoW!! Now I'm so excited . I can get the TH2go and 3D used really cheap
used but I think I need the specialized monitors correct? I guess I will need a better graphics card as well as I have an entry level ATI HD4350 .

My computer is AMD Phenom II x4910 quad core and I assume this will be fast enough with the 8 GB of DDr3 . I have Vista Home Premium running on it now but can upgrade to Windows & free if I wish. Oh and 1 TB HD
should be plenty. Do I need more processing than this as I can return any time for refund within the next three weeks.

I also bought three 24 inch HP monitors buy they are standard resolution and will not work with the Nvidia 3D system. Guess I will have to return these too.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 18:10 

Wow, a couple of things needed to be addressed.
CPU = Should be enough, if not, you said you can upgrade. It all depends on what games you are wanting to use it on.
RAM = More than enough, maybe overkill. :P
Hard drive = Just more storage for games later :)
Video Card = The Ati card I doubt will be enough to push the games where they should be running at at triple screen 3d. The bigger and badder card will suit you better. With running the 3d vision you have to remember that it is basically outputting the same image 2 or 3 times to give you the 3d effect so imagine rendering the game on 3 screens even though you have 1. Then multiply that by 3...You need a lot of power to do this, so don't be surprised if 1 card won't handle it very well.

In the mean time, is the cost worth it for 3D gaming? For me, what I saw using the red/green/cyan (whatever color glasses) I don't know for sure. My right eye has horrible vision and to me renders 3d glasses useless. I'm sure its fine for people with perfect vision if you want to sit there with the goofy cardboard glasses on.

If you are talking about using the 3d monitors(ones that require 2 video inputs) I can't say for sure I can see it working with triple. One person mentioned hooking up th2g1 to video out 1 on the video card and hooking it up to the first port on all three monitors, and then doing the same with another th2g on the second port of the card to the second port of all the monitors. He never got back to me about f he bought it or if it worked.

Route 1 with 1 th2g and 3 monitors using nvidia 3d vision = Works
Route 2 with 2 th2g and 3 monitors using monitors 3d vision = Not known and I have heard there are bugs with using 1 monitor let alone 3.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 20:19 

Wow, a couple of things needed to be addressed.
CPU = Should be enough, if not, you said you can upgrade. It all depends on what games you are wanting to use it on.
RAM = More than enough, maybe overkill. :P
Hard drive = Just more storage for games later :)
Video Card = The Ati card I doubt will be enough to push the games where they should be running at at triple screen 3d. The bigger and badder card will suit you better. With running the 3d vision you have to remember that it is basically outputting the same image 2 or 3 times to give you the 3d effect so imagine rendering the game on 3 screens even though you have 1. Then multiply that by 3...You need a lot of power to do this, so don't be surprised if 1 card won't handle it very well.

In the mean time, is the cost worth it for 3D gaming? For me, what I saw using the red/green/cyan (whatever color glasses) I don't know for sure. My right eye has horrible vision and to me renders 3d glasses useless. I'm sure its fine for people with perfect vision if you want to sit there with the goofy cardboard glasses on.

If you are talking about using the 3d monitors(ones that require 2 video inputs) I can't say for sure I can see it working with triple. One person mentioned hooking up th2g1 to video out 1 on the video card and hooking it up to the first port on all three monitors, and then doing the same with another th2g on the second port of the card to the second port of all the monitors. He never got back to me about f he bought it or if it worked.

Route 1 with 1 th2g and 3 monitors using nvidia 3d vision = Works
Route 2 with 2 th2g and 3 monitors using monitors 3d vision = Not known and I have heard there are bugs with using 1 monitor let alone 3.

OK I have the TH2Go and Nvidia 3D on hold, now I need 3 3D ready monitors and a good graphics card. What monitors and card would you suggest ? I wonder if going with one large 32" monitor, 3D Nvidia and
TrackIR would be just as good ? I also have a 8 foot projection screen that I could go with in my theatre room and change out to a 3D ready
projector. What is your thoughts on the ATI Eyefinity as another option?

to go Tripple

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 00:36 
Insiders
Insiders

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia has announced this process is upcoming.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=18011

As I'm a 280GTX user with a Matrox TH2Go and have GREATLY missed my 3D gaming of the past on my CRT with LCD glasses, I'm THRILLED that this might actually come to fruition.

WoW in 3D is still one of the most amazing things I've seen in computer gaming....

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 15:53 
Insiders
Insiders

You might be a bit more specific at what type of 3D vision you're using with TH2G. The shutter glasses shouldn't work, but the red-blue anaglyph stereo glasses will. Those that are confused, think old style paper red-blue 3D glasses.

You won't achieve 3D vision capability without 120hz displays for the shuttler glasses unless someone is using some obscure hack to do something other than 120hz shuttering.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 17:17 

You won't achieve 3D vision capability without 120hz displays for the shuttler glasses unless someone is using some obscure hack to do something other than 120hz shuttering.
Wouldn't 60hz shuttering work if you're splitting it 30/30 (given that it wouldn't be as smooth)?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 20:12 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]You won't achieve 3D vision capability without 120hz displays for the shuttler glasses unless someone is using some obscure hack to do something other than 120hz shuttering.
Wouldn't 60hz shuttering work if you're splitting it 30/30 (given that it wouldn't be as smooth)?

One would think so, but I don't think I've ever seen 30/30 shuttering on glasses before. If it would work I wouldn't mind testing it on my circular projection setup.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 19:24 

I've used my edimensional shutter glasses with both this lcd and my dlp projector, neither of which can do 120hz so it is possible.

Main problem I have is the inability to force the nvidia drivers to activate anything besides anaglyph mode for 3d since they don't detect a zalman/iz3d monitor or their own lcd shutter glasses, anyone know how to force it active?

I've managed to get a picture viewer working since I can use eD's activator to force pageflip mode combined with 'stereo picture maker' to view things but that's not enough for 3d games.