Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 16:22 

Hi All,

I am New to the Forums and TH2Go Gaming ;)

I havea DLP Projector with a VGA Connection (Sharp XR10XL). I need to find out If I should get the Analog or Digital Version of the TH2Go??

Now a Little info about the S3D Setup, Like I said above I use a DLP Projector with EDimensionals 3D Shutter Glasses and a 45" Screen..

Now with the Dongle on the setup for the 3D Glasses I can ONLY use a VGA Connection, as the Dongle is a VGA Connection as is the Connection on the Projector??

I hear the Digital version has Both DVI & VGA connections??

Also I am trying to determins the Angle to set the left & Right Outer Screens.

I will be Playing Mostly FPS like ArmA 1&2, Operation Flashpoint, and a Few Racing sims, GTR2, rFactor, Nascar 2003..

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 07:15 

OK I found out I can use the DVI connectors I just need a DVI-VGA Coupler..

I still would like to find out what Angle to set the Outer 2 Screens at??

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 11:24 
Editors
Editors

OK I found out I can use the DVI connectors I just need a DVI-VGA Coupler..

I still would like to find out what Angle to set the Outer 2 Screens at??

Test the angles by yourself and find out wich configuration works better for you. :wink:

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 17:11 

Ya I could do that but I need to make a Bracket (reather large one's) I am using 45" screens, with 3 DLP Projectors. so it is NOT easy as using monitors ;)
So I woulkd like to get the angles Fixed before I go any farther to make the Bracket??
Perhaps I could make the bracket adjust..but If I get an Idea of what angle Other People have set theirs at I could work out an angle Beforehand..

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 04:24 

Hi
For games, I like my panels lined up straight. I don't like the way straight lines go off at angles when the side panels are angled. It looks too odd, wrong and out of place for me. It doesn't seem to bother most people, but it was the very first thing I noticed when I hooked up my system. I have a keen eye for details.
I suggest trying it both straight and angled to see which you like best, then get a mount to set them however best suits you. Or, have a custom mounting system made so you can have them straight or angled, depending on what you are doing. For normal windows use, angled is ideal. For games, straight is better. Having a mount that allows the outer panels to be straight or angled in gives you the best of both worlds ;)

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 19:32 

I have the same glasses but different displays, as of yet, I've been unable to get 3d stereo to work at all (both vista & xp), how is yours working and is it nvidia or ati ?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 15:46 

Mesh Are you using a CRT or LCD Monitor?? If CRT What drivers are you using in your XP machine??

I am using an Old nVidia 7950 GT in SLI and a Single core CPU with the 162.50 Drivers (with REGEDIT Tweak) and a DLP Projector.. ;)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 17:10 

A dlp projector is what I want to get to work, lcd displays aren't very useful.

I've tried all versions of the stereo and matching version regular drivers that support 8xxx cards.

So far under both xp and vista all I get to work is an image viewer since it can open an opengl pageflip mode instead of the driver mode for 3d stereo. So I know the 3d can work but what I can't get to work is game/3d stereo.

The more recent drivers don't give any option other than "3d discover" which is anaglyph since they say I don't have a 3d display.
The older ones don't give any error but they just don't do anything when I try to enable 3d mode.

I've even modded an old vga extension cable to disable the ddc pin and have the display detect as a generic "analog display" without success, same for an EDID override that shows it to be one of the 120hz lcds.

I've also tried the "new" ED 3d core drivers which are even worst.

Since the 8800 and 8600 are close to Quadro FX 4600 in hardware I even tried to use the quadro stereo drivers without success.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 14:15 

Hi , Head over to MTBS.com it is a S3d site and should better be able to help you with your 3D Issues ;)

What DLP Projector are you using?? there is ONLY a limited amount of Projectors that will work with 3D..

here is the list:

http://www.3dmovielist.com/projectors.html

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 19:00 

The projector isn't at fault, I can get stereo working in Stereo Photo Maker with opengl pageflip mode and the e-d activator to sync the glasses.

My problem lies in the nvidia drivers not allowing any choice except for red/blue since it's not on detected as a valid display in the newer drivers wizard, if I didn't have to use the wizard and set the type of glasses like it used to it would work.

If I try to use the older drivers that have the classic style control panel and do get the ddc glasses choices, it simply does nothing to activate 3d stereo.