Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 06:32 

Hi,

I posted a few months back about upgrading my graphics cards (I was using 2x HD7950 in Xfire with an active adaptr for 3 screen eyefinity) and I was going to buy two cheaper cards like the X390, however I couldn't help myself and bought this last night:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

As I have to wait for it, Im thinking about buying all the cables for it now. As I understand I no longer need an active adaptor and was planning to buy two DP > HDMI cable for two of the monitors and use one of my old HDMI > HDMI cables for the third monitor. Would this work and be ok?

If I wanted a 4th or even a 5th monitor, what cables should I use? Also can I set it up so I would have three monitors in landscape, then position the other two on top of the 3 group? I do alot of flight sim and it would be helpful to have 3 screens for flying and two screens for switches and instruments.

Thanks