Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 05:12 

My goal is to setup 4 VGA LCDs to be used for single eyefinity display. I currently have 2 VGA to USB 3.0 adapters which I'm connecting to a USB 3.0 Hub. I'm still not sure how to hook up the other 2 LCDs. I do not have a displayport connection on my PCs or my laptop both of which I would like to connect to the monitors. Would it work for me to connect 1 of the 4 LCDs to a VGA to displayport active adaptor and then plug that adapter into a displayport to USB adapter and plug that into my hub? Would that work?

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 03:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Kinda of confused on your setup.
But as long as you have all 4 LCD's attached to your AMD GPU (5000 series or higher), you should be able to make an eyefinity group.
If you have a DP connection, you may want to look into getting a DP 1.2 MST HUB to connect everything up to.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 03:29 
Editors
Editors

It will not work.
Both AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround need all monitors to be connected directly to the GPU for a working SLS( Single Large Surface) Setup.
If you use USB->Video signal Adapters they have an included GPU and are only usefull for Extended Monitor.