Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2016, 19:42 

Hello,

are the only Eyefinity PLP options align top / align bottom / centered H-shape? Or does it support custom y-offsets of the side monitors? Like this for example:

Code:
+---------+ 110                 +---------+
|         +---------------------+         |
|         |         2560        |         |
|         |                     |         |
|         | 1440                |         |
|         +---------------------+         |
|         | 370                 |         |
+---------+                     +---------+

I'm thinking about combining my 32" 2560x1440 center with 24" 1080x1920 sides if that's supported. Otherwise, I think I'll rather stick to my plan (http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=30799) to get 20" 900x1600.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2016, 02:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes. Assuming your card supports PLP.

That's what I have for my current setup, down to the sizes: 2x 24" sides, 32" in the center. Though I use 1920x1200 16:10 for my sides. It works great. Running on a Fury X, so any cards that support PLP should be able to do it. Yes, you can align each monitor separately. My pixels are really close to lining up perfectly, but not quite. Still, i only notice if i make a note to notice.

I think this is my fourth >2 monitor setup, and it's been my favourite. Other than being the tallest, having the sides in portrait is pretty handy for a lot of stuff. I use Display fusion for bezels, key shortcuts, and profiles.

Since I use an Ergotech triple mount, i have the sides lined up smack in the middle. It sure looks funny when all displays are off or when you step back, but it's turned out to be very practical. when gaming, it runs at 5220x1440 (bezel corrected), and the tops/bottoms of the side display stay blank.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2016, 17:31 

Thanks for your reply!

I was about to answer my own question, since I finally got my graphics card this week and could try for myself.

I chose 20" sides, and I think that decision was still ok. It look nice, and I don't think I will use the sides much outside of gaming anyway. It's just that such tiny monitors would be rather useless on their own should I ever give up PLP.

Unfortunately, bezel compensation is not working for me, but that's another story for the AND forum (https://community.amd.com/message/2756675).

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 14:28 
Insiders
Insiders

I had that exact issue with Bezel Compensation a few months ago. Turns out that the 2 driver versions i tried were at fault. I clean out all AMD video drivers, installed an older version, set B.C., then installed the newer driver over top, and have been doing so since. No more problems. This has to have been 4 or 5 driver versions back, so maybe they've addressed it by now.

Edit: Okay yes, it was the latest 15.x drivers that i had to use to set bezel compensation up, then installed 16.3.1 and 16.4.1 over top. I've installed at least 3 more driver versions over top since then (April), and I've not run into any more BC issues. Though I haven't tried changing the BC settings, either. Once you set it up, make damn sure you get it right...

I guess I should mention that this is all on Win7 x64

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 20:32 

Thanks for the info. 15.x drivers are probably not an option for my RX 480. But maybe I'll try later. (I'm currently having other problems, maybe defective mainboard. So bezel compensation is not top priority.)