Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 06:00 
Editors
Editors

No idea, while the quick setup might fail is the advanced one exactly the same as it has been before.
So the automatic switch should work if you have once set up an Eyefinity desktop.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 01:28 

Haldi wrote:
what? How? I get a 9600x1800 with VSR activated.

Edit: The Bezel Correction was a problem with my system.
After a DDU uninstall of the Beta drivers, a reinstall of Crimson, a advanced Setup of Eyefinity and Bezel correction setup, then disable Eyefinity, set the Options in game profile it now switches to 6048x1080 Eyefinity when the game Starts :)

You probably need to set Bezel correction the first time you setup an Eyefinity resolution.

I have 2 - 7870's in eyefinity crossfire, with 3 - Asus 23" vs238's. I dont play with the beta drivers but I did keep the existing eyefinity profile from before. I should reset it.
Seeing the jump to 7940x1440 which is above the monitor spec is a nice surprise, though the monitor itself still reports 1080.

edit - I removed the profile and did quick setup, now without bezel comp. its giving my 7680x1440

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 01:53 

can anyone check if this eyefinity profile works with AC4...I can only get eyefinity working in that game if i use 14.4 drivers

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 03:01 
Insiders
Insiders

VSR + Eyefintiy finally, eh? Well, I guess I'll have install it.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 23:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, no VSR + Eyefintiy for me. Poop. I was able to turn VSR on for each panel after i created my EF Group. I wonder if it's mixed panels, PLP, or dumb luck that is to blame. And here I was all wet to play some games with those neat resolutions. Though VSR works fine for Single displays. I also see they removed the ability to give Presets a Hotkey. One step forward, one step back.

I was disappointed to see that the new interface is just a very basic, (but pretty) front, and all the advanced stuff still uses the old eyesore of a layout.

Edit: Ooo! Now I also find that they've removed any handy options from the systray icon, and the Search function in the old lame layout is now gone, too. And they still use the terrible screen for adjusting bezels. If if wasn't fior the fixes for newer games, I'd be going back to the last driver set. Hopefully the next one will fix some of this stuff.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 17:00 

Not to be harsh but that is a terrible tutorial, I really was hoping for some decent tutorial. You play music & do not explain what you are doing & with that angle you can not even see what you are doing. If you can post another one & actually say something & turn the music off I would appreciate it. I am interested in learning more about the override options for the game. I was trying to configure the graphic settings for 7 Days To Die & I can not get it right, It uses Unity.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 08:40 

I have just recently upgraded to a R9 390X with my 3+1 setup. Previously I had the +1 running off the motherboard as my 270X could only drive 3 monitors. Now with all 4 running off the new card I am having problems getting the auto Eyefinity setup to work in the game profiles of Crimson 16.1.1, more specifically it is using a 4x1 profile instead of the 3x1 profile. I haven't been able to find a way to control the Eyefinity profiles within Crimson (or CCC for that matter) and usually go into additional settings off the display tab to enable/disable the Eyefinity and select the one I want. I would run Eyefinity all the time but I have several games that I play on a single screen for various reasons from performance to compatibility. Not sure it will impact but I am running a combination of 1xHDMI-HDMI, 1xActive DP-HDMI with HDMI-HDMI, 1xDVI-I-HDMI and 1xDP-HDMI cable, I can't remember off the top of my head which is plugged into which monitor but all are working fine other than the automatic game profile Eyefinity option.

Any idea how to default it to the 3x1 config or to disable the 4x1?

Something else I found, when initially setting up the Eyefinity profiles with all 4 screens plugged in I was getting an error message when any combination of 2 monitors were selected saying "Incompatible configuration" or something similar. I worked around it by unplugging the 4th monitor and setting the 3x1 up, then plugging the 4th back in and it worked fine. It even now allows me to do the 4x1 giving me grief as mentioned above.

i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 Z97 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400 | Asus R9 390X DC3 OC 8GB | Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD | 3x3TB WD Green HDD | 1x1TB WD Green HDD | Corsair H110i Cooler | Thermaltake T71 Tower Case | Logitech G27, G510, G13, G602, M570 | Custom Button Box running Sequential Shifter and G27 Pedals | Yamaha 5.1 Amp with Sony Muteki 5.2 Speakers | Razor Megalodon Headset | 3x27in Monitors @ 1080p or 5760x1080 | 1x23.6in Monitor @ 1080p | Custom Racing Rig |

Last edited by Carr on 18 Feb 2016, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 14:58 
Editors
Editors

Ah so every time auto setup starts you get a 4x1L.
Tell me, the first time ever you switched to eyefinity was the easy setup or the advanced?
I think the auto setup chooses the first ever setup.
Maybe if you clean uninstall and reinstall then use the advanced for a 3x1L that might help the auto switching.
If you you definitely should file a bug report with AMD.
I've had my 4th monitor disconnected for a while now as the cable is to short and my 4th Monitor is hidden beneath my 3rd xD

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 09:32 

Ok, I just did some testing and the same thing happened. I did a clean install of Crimson 16.1.1 using DDU, setup 3x1L eyefinity through the old CCC interface (again having to unplug the 4th monitor to be able to do it) and launched a game from extended monitor setup with the profile set to use eyefinity. It attempted to load in 4x1L (despite it not being setup) but failed and just turned off all my monitors. After resetting the PC, it loaded with 4x1L SLS and the option comes up when enabling eyefinity to choose between the 3x1 and 4x1. I would run the 4th monitor off the motherboard again, but it causes problems with driver conflicts in some of my programs I frequently use.

Is there a way anyone know to delete or disable profiles?

i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 Z97 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400 | Asus R9 390X DC3 OC 8GB | Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD | 3x3TB WD Green HDD | 1x1TB WD Green HDD | Corsair H110i Cooler | Thermaltake T71 Tower Case | Logitech G27, G510, G13, G602, M570 | Custom Button Box running Sequential Shifter and G27 Pedals | Yamaha 5.1 Amp with Sony Muteki 5.2 Speakers | Razor Megalodon Headset | 3x27in Monitors @ 1080p or 5760x1080 | 1x23.6in Monitor @ 1080p | Custom Racing Rig |

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2016, 01:26 
Insiders
Insiders

It sounds like the "Use Eyefinity" feature is only designed to enable the group made through Radeon Settings, so it is simply generating it again if it doesn't exist. The displays all shutting off indicates that this is what it is doing (I've sometimes had this result when making the Radeon Settings group for the first time).

The layout made by Radeon Settings does show up in Radeon Additional Settings, so you might be able to get around this by disabling the profile, but I can't test the results right now with my current setup (Radeon Settings doesn't support 2x1 for some reason).

1. Have only the 3x1 displays connected.
  2. Make the Eyefinity group in Radeon Settings.
  3. Disable the Eyefinity group through Radeon Additional Settings.
  4. Reconnect the fourth display.
  5. Try launching one of the "Use Eyefinity" games.

If Radeon Settings re-uses its existing group this approach should work, but it could be that it automatically discards the group when additional displays are detected.

If this workaround doesn't work there probably isn't much you can do with this Radeon Settings feature since the new interface provides no control over display selection or which group to use.