Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 18:09 

I've been using eyefinity since the 6950 (2011) and am puzzled I cannot get an eyefinity display group created.

7950:; HDMI, DVI, and mini dp to DVI adapter (active)
390x: HDMI, DVI, and dp to HDMI adapter (active)

When I swapped cards, I didn't disable any old presets (now deleted) and booted into win8.1 at 5760x1200. I realized battlefield 4 was defaulting to 1920x1200 and checked catalyst control center to see I had no eyefinity group enabled. I couldn't change the current resolution either so I uninstalled CCC and reinstalled it.

Now it would let me create a group, but after I get to the step to select the layout/orientation, it defaults to 1 desktop cloned on all three monitors. If I extend the desktop to other displays, it creates a regular ol' display group that I have to disable to create my eyefinity group.

I'm perplexed. Just want to enjoy the 390x and my glorious setup. Can provide other system specs if needed.

390x is Asus as is mobo. Removed one monitor and still couldn't create an eyefinity group over two displays without the clone issue happening. Not sure what to try next besides a fresh Windows install lol

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 23:30 
Editors
Editors

Install DDU (http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/vie ... ?f=5&t=123) boot into safe mode, uninstall all drivers. Make a clean install with ned Drivers