Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 14:35 

So I recently got my second and third monitor and tossed them into eyefinity mode, made me motion sick immediately and was one of the worst experiences I've ever had (never been motion sick before) for the rest of the day even the way I'd look around the room was screwed and just horrible...

So I tried putting my monitors in PLP which seems a lot better, when I came across this Image

I've looked around a fair bit now, and haven't been able to find how they did this, anyone here know how to get this running?

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 17:16 
Insiders
Insiders

You need a R9 285 card to do this. Do you have one?

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 17:26 

I have 2 R9 280x Vapor-x cards.

:(

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 06:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Playtime, consider not giving up on your LLL setup so quick (since your card doesn't support PLP). I have experienced motion sickness, & found it was correctable, over time. I now game with vision covered & no ill effect. I use PLP 19-27-19 up close, including fast-moving games.

snippet from my blog:
"Motion sickness.
Why fix it: As perceived screen size increases, more people will feel sick & too close to the action. This is pretty normal, & is correctable in the average case. Getting past motion sickness is desirable for immersion. Striving to cover your vision produces the optimal gaming experience. Games are more real & intense; well worth the learning curve.
Solution: Start at comfortable distance from monitors, as far as you need. Move closer to them over time, pushing your own boundaries. At same time, keep your aim up (reduces sickening FOV anomalies). The body will slowly acclimatize. Eventually, fast-moving games can cover your vision with no ill effect.

But you can also play a lot of games in manual PLP if you prefer. I have posted tested games in blog below. You will have a stupid LONG hang on sides though. For proper PLP, center should be quite big & sides smaller. Creates a bigger, better gaming experience, & has acceptable side-hang for manual PLP.
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 13:22 

I'm actually not entirely sure what's happening with the LLL setup, but just so much as having the monitors in position (even turned off) is enough to cause it.

Definitely going to check out this blog though, even with funky resolution and stretching all over, and other weird problems I've seen while messing around with multi monitor setups, have been better than just one monitor without issues, thanks.