Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 23:33 

I can't seem to make this game work in Eyefinity. Well, to be clear, I can get the fix to work, and the game can load up with my bezel corrected 3x1080p resolution.

However, it crashes, sometimes hard, after nothing more than a few moments. It will completely freeze, sometimes I can get to the task manager to kill the process (without mouse use), or sometimes the attempt to bring that up causes the machine to enter into a hard lock.

For reference, I have a 290x Crossfire system, with an i7-2600K and 16GB DDR3.
The game is from GOG.com, v3.40. Widescreen Fixer is the latest version.
I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Motherboard is latest bios for my P8Z68 Deluxe, and system is rock-solid stable.
I've looped Heaven 4.0 with success, as well as played both BF3 and BF4 multiplayer at the same resolution with zero issues. I also just confirmed that Bioshock Infinite runs at that resolution without trouble, and Crysis 3 was also stable.

I was on the Catalyst Omega 14.12 release, but on a hunch, I figured I should test the recent beta release, 15.3. Well, no change, none whatsoever. I've disabled ULPS in Afterburner just in case, again, no change.

note: I just recently setup my triple monitor system again, after updating my cards to these MSI Lightning 290x's in the past month. So I've tested different things because I do want to ensure the system is still stable with these new cards, as the first one I had bought actually was a dud that ended up crapping out, and I had to send that to MSI for RMA service. However, again, all stress tests have checked out, and I've played the BF games at length without issue.

Any thoughts? I've played around with different settings in Widescreen Fixer, and found out that Flawless Widescreen does not work at all for this game.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 11:23 
Editors
Editors

I'm in the process of testing (well, downloading) this @6060x1200 on a 295X2 in Win7. I'll let you know how it goes, but for the heck of it did you try:
- lowering all graphical settings ?
- Alt+Tabbing out of the game to re-click Save Settings in WSF ?

Edit: CrossFire :doh:
Had those weird hard locks you described when using WSF. Created a witcher2.exe profile in CCC with CrossFireX Disabled. Problem "solved".
Fiddling with the CF profile in RadeonPro didn't help, apparently WSF and CF simply can't work together...

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 03:58 

scavvenjahh wrote:
I'm in the process of testing (well, downloading) this @6060x1200 on a 295X2 in Win7. I'll let you know how it goes, but for the heck of it did you try:
- lowering all graphical settings ?
- Alt+Tabbing out of the game to re-click Save Settings in WSF ?

Edit: CrossFire :doh:
Had those weird hard locks you described when using WSF. Created a witcher2.exe profile in CCC with CrossFireX Disabled. Problem "solved".
Fiddling with the CF profile in RadeonPro didn't help, apparently WSF and CF simply can't work together...

Awww, that is quite the bummer. I don't see a single 290X providing a worthwhile triple-wide framerate, though I haven't given that a try.

I certainly hope that CDPR has seen fit to include proper support in TW3. That game is begging for it. :)

I guess I'll either see what a solo card can produce at a triple-wide resolution, or settle for some oversampling on single monitor.