Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2014, 18:41 

Hi all 1st post on here,
been lurking here a while running the above on soft TH heard about the new beta drivers 14.6 and 14.7 and though id give the mixed res a go for native support in games
I know I cant run PLP with it but line up the screens in middle and run it on expand mode
Or so I thought... :problem:
I have the 3007 on a dual link dvi, 1 2007 on a active display port to vga and the other one a dvi to vga convertor,
I have the 3 screens running no problem in their native res in extended desktop and can use them no problem with soft TH
But when I run the new beta drivers to try the expand mode the 3007 will switch to 800p no matter what I try
Has any else come across this and found a solution??
Thanks
Tom

running on a sapphire R9 280x 3Gb Vapor X OC
I7 4790k 16gb ram

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 11:43 

Hi I Think I may be on to something on windows screen resolution its show the recommended display resolution on the 3007wfp as 1280 x 800 ? instead of the 2560 x 1600 which it is set to
So I assume when I create a eyefinity display group it is switching to the recommended resolution of 1280 x 800 on the 3007wfp
Any ideas?
Thanks
tom

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 22:26 
Insiders
Insiders

If you have a specific game in mind and want it played in PLP, I may have an answer. Many games work in PLP with some care, but every game is different. I'm a PLP gamer, so not so much help with mixed res Eyefinity. But vga passive adapters may be causing a problem. (?)