Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2014, 11:39 
Administrators
Administrators

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a spectacle fighter with a heavy emphasise on the spectacle, you play as Raiden, a cyborg ninja, and must slice your way though all manor of other cyborgs and robots in your quest for revenge. The games default multi-monitor support is almost none existent, it basically allowed the resolution to run but letter boxed to a 16:9 aspect ratio. However after a lot of work HaYDeN has managed to fix the game and it is now no longer letter boxed, is horizontal plus, and he has managed to centre most of the UI and HUD. You can find the fix as part of Flawless Widescreen, which you can find here: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24098

The video itself is part analysis, part walkthough and part waffle, feel free to like or dislike my video and comment are always welcome too.

Direct Video Link: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K]
Channel Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/n11skid

While this video can be watched on any screen it has been encoded to look best on a multi-monitor system, so if your running such a system, then select 4K quality from the drop down box and watch in fullscreen.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 07:12 

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance looks and plays downright AWESOME on triple-monitor setups, as you can well tell from this example. The game does not officially support triple-monitor resolutions, so, I had to make use of Flawless Widescreen. A big shout out to HaYDeN here at WSGF for making this possible! Enjoy the example, and, for those of you that have triple-monitor setups, give it a try for yourself, yes? :triplewide:

•ASUS Rampage III Extreme•
•Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz (6-8-6-24-1T)•
•PNY GTX 670 3-Way SLI•
•Crucial M4 256GB•
•Windows 7 Home Premium 64•
•(2)Corsair HX1000 1000W PSUs•
•(3)ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 monitors in Nvidia Surround•

YouTubeGoogle PlusFacebookBlogger

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2014, 02:07 

Guys, I wanted to reiterate a poorly understood key to enjoying MGR:

Change the camera to "map centered" in the options menu. It GREATLY reduces the auto-correct feature of the default camera that is so painful. It make the game much more playable. Also I recommend camera speed 8 horizontal, 5 vertical

Also, there is a camera lock on button. Right block on the controller. It's great for single enemies. For multiple eniemies, it's a bit more tricky. With multiple enemies, the lock on is changed to a different target with the right stick.

This game is a beast in triple wide.