Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 19:08 
Editors
Editors

thats because most encoders don't support resolutions bigger than 4000 pixel wide.

I tried encoding a video (recorded with afterburner, MJPG 6048*1080) into H264 because that's smaller. 95% of encoding Software didn't work! But 4000*720 works fine!
but hey. 6048*1080 wont Work on Youtube! 4096 wide is the maximum.

And if you have problems with Premiere, go to the official support Forum! (and absolutly don't go to MSI Afterburner Support forum! You'll only get instant banned)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 08:03 
Insiders
Insiders

How do you make multi-monitor videos spans more than one screen in youtube? I run my desktop in Eyefinity all the time, and if I watch most EF/NV Surround videos and click the full screen button, the video spans across my screens, but never with my videos. No matter if i put my browser to fullscreen first, and no matter which resolution i select on the youtube player.

I made mine Fraps, and converted to .mp4 using Handbrake. Resolution is correct, with no crops or letterboxing, which i confirmed with Mediainfo. Shoudl I use another editor? Is there a setting in YT's Video Manager I'm not seeing?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 16:28 
Editors
Editors

should be working without any settings! can you Link a Video of yours that doesnt work?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 00:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Abram wrote:
How do you make multi-monitor videos spans more than one screen in youtube? I run my desktop in Eyefinity all the time, and if I watch most EF/NV Surround videos and click the full screen button, the video spans across my screens, but never with my videos. No matter if i put my browser to fullscreen first, and no matter which resolution i select on the youtube player.

I made mine Fraps, and converted to .mp4 using Handbrake. Resolution is correct, with no crops or letterboxing, which i confirmed with Mediainfo. Shoudl I use another editor? Is there a setting in YT's Video Manager I'm not seeing?

This same thing happens to mine as well and I've never found a fix. It has to do with the settings of the program you are using to encode the video though.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 15:25 
Administrators
Administrators

I assume whatever your using to encode is trying to encode to 720p or 1080p or to a You Tube compatible output? If that's the case it'll probably be encoded to a final resolution 1920x1080 or 1280x720, which has an aspect ratio of 16:9. You need to find an encoder that will let you maintain the original aspect ratio.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2013, 06:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Well i removed the video. I used Handbrake, and Mediainfo said it was half my correct Eyefinity resolution, and it plays properly in MPC-HC. I guess i"ll try another format and/or encoder.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2013, 00:54 

Is there a way to view the Youtube videos full screen on 2-3 monitors? I cant seem to figure out how to do it

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2013, 02:14 
Founder
Founder

dinglesniff wrote:
Is there a way to view the Youtube videos full screen on 2-3 monitors? I cant seem to figure out how to do it

You need to have a video like the ones Skid produces. They are full-res for multi-mon. Click the quality option for "original" quality. Then go full-screen.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 19:36 

Skid wrote:
You need to find an encoder that will let you maintain the original aspect ratio.

Evening, coup,e of questions -

1. What app do you use to capture in-game footage? I have used fraps but lack of compression and multiple videos files makes almost unusable.
2. what app do you use to compress the video down before uploading to YT.
3. Looking at your YT channel and noticed the 'chase the sun' video ihas the 2160p option available, how were you able to do this as a recent video(http://youtu.be/B_TpGQLoIjg) I recorded at the same 5140*1050 as you just appears green when I select 2160p on youtube.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 00:04 
Administrators
Administrators

b1k3rdude wrote:
Skid wrote:
You need to find an encoder that will let you maintain the original aspect ratio.

Evening, coup,e of questions -

1. What app do you use to capture in-game footage? I have used fraps but lack of compression and multiple videos files makes almost unusable.
2. what app do you use to compress the video down before uploading to YT.
3. Looking at your YT channel and noticed the 'chase the sun' video ihas the 2160p option available, how were you able to do this as a recent video(http://youtu.be/B_TpGQLoIjg) I recorded at the same 5140*1050 as you just appears green when I select 2160p on youtube.

1. Fraps or Dxtory, whichever works best at the time.
2. Depending on the video I'm making, ether AVISynth with MeGUI using X264, or Adobe Premiere and whatever encoder the Media Encoder uses.
3. It's "Race the Sun" and that's because You Tube is not capable of processing videos beyond a 4K resolution, the encoding just fails and the video turns green, so make sure you stay within the 4K resolution limit (4096).

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."