Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 21:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2019, 13:16 

boomraccoon wrote:
Help! Each time I try to click and download the file, it saves as a notepad Z7 file. It opens to a bunch of strange characters...

This is my first ultrawide fix - what am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

I use WinRAR to open these files

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2019, 18:42 

morshrooms wrote:
First off, thank you to everyone for their skills and help on this!

I have a question about the vignettes, would we be able to edit (photoshop) the textures to fit 21:9 or any other resolution and put it back into the game files?

I was also thinking about doing so, but my knowledge on .bdt extraction is null, so hopefully someone could figure that out eventually.
Was looking into it for some time, and I assume if you can extract and redo button prompts and reskin main character and stuff, maybe there is a possibility to do it the same way with vignettes. :think:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2019, 19:05 

jackfuste wrote:
CaptnNemo wrote:
Any updates on fps unlock ?

May cause bugs, so testing is needed.

Attachment:
    Sekiro_FPS.7z

• Unpack sekiro.exe using Steamless - https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless/releases/
    sekiro.exe is already unpacked in the pirated version or with ultrawide fix, so skip this step if you use them.

• Run the patcher and apply patch to sekiro.exe

The FPS unlocker refuses to work for me. I've tried about 10 times using both 120fps and 144fps and it still is stuck at 60fps. The monitor I'm using only does 60fps but in the d3dx.ini I changed the refresh_rate to "144" but it still doesn't work.

Would appreciate any help.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2019, 20:55 

Baasha wrote:
jackfuste wrote:
CaptnNemo wrote:
Any updates on fps unlock ?

May cause bugs, so testing is needed.

Attachment:
    Sekiro_FPS.7z

• Unpack sekiro.exe using Steamless - https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless/releases/
    sekiro.exe is already unpacked in the pirated version or with ultrawide fix, so skip this step if you use them.

• Run the patcher and apply patch to sekiro.exe

The FPS unlocker refuses to work for me. I've tried about 10 times using both 120fps and 144fps and it still is stuck at 60fps. The monitor I'm using only does 60fps but in the d3dx.ini I changed the refresh_rate to "144" but it still doesn't work.

Would appreciate any help.

Did you disable Vsync in your graphics card's control panel? Eg. for Nvidia:

1. Right Click Desktop -> Nvidia Control Panel

2. Manage 3D Settings

3. Program Settings

4. Select sekiro.exe, or add it if it's not present

5. Vertical Sync -> Off

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2019, 01:11 

eccentricity wrote:

2. Manage 3D Settings

3. Program Settings

5. Vertical Sync -> Off

Wow - thank you so much! That worked! I usually never turn off V-Sync in NVCP and just do it in the game but it worked like a charm.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2019, 11:17 

Quote:

2. Manage 3D Settings

3. Program Settings

5. Vertical Sync -> Off

Out of curiosity why would you turn Vsync off? I've always heard you should have it on in the Nvidia control panel and off in game. I have it on in the control panel with the fps unlock mod and I have no issues, 144hz G-sync on.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2019, 17:00 

What does the texture mod do exactly if I delete the shaderfixes folder? I need it for the d3dx ini file to set my FPS to 144 or it doesn't work, but I just want the fps + fov fix no texture mods.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2019, 02:07 

Zehdah wrote:
Out of curiosity why would you turn Vsync off?

In this case, Sekiro doesn't provide a way to turn it off in-game, so you have to do it through the control panel.

Zehdah wrote:
I have it on in the control panel with the fps unlock mod and I have no issues, 144hz G-sync on.

What is the native refresh rate of your monitor? If it's 144 Hz, then that's why it works fine. You'd only need to turn it off if you wanted to run at a higher refresh rate than native (eg. the other user who wanted to run at 144 Hz with a 60 Hz monitor).

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2019, 14:05 

eccentricity wrote:
Zehdah wrote:
Out of curiosity why would you turn Vsync off?

In this case, Sekiro doesn't provide a way to turn it off in-game, so you have to do it through the control panel.

Zehdah wrote:
I have it on in the control panel with the fps unlock mod and I have no issues, 144hz G-sync on.

What is the native refresh rate of your monitor? If it's 144 Hz, then that's why it works fine. You'd only need to turn it off if you wanted to run at a higher refresh rate than native (eg. the other user who wanted to run at 144 Hz with a 60 Hz monitor).

Ah I see, thanks for the info. My monitor's refresh rate is 144 native. I cap it to 141 using Rivatuner as it often goes over and causes issues when it does. I didn't realize v-sync was on in game, I don't know much about it but I've always read that I should have v-sync on in the control panel and off in game.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 01:00 

Hi all,

can't wait to try the mod to unlock FPS but I get the error "Failed to unpack file." in Steamless.
I have tried Variant30 & 31 (64x) and Steam is not running.

Wasn't able to find anything in this thread or anywhere else.
Did anyone encounter this and knows how to solve it?

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 38  Next